For you Thronophobes

Rate this topic

Billybob

Well, some of you guys really get your gaydar going when the Royals get mentioned, huh?

What's up with that?

So I got a serious question about them.

Somebody here knows.

So this family of royals goes back hundreds of years, right? I assume that at one time they were actually the rulers of a monarchy, which is really just a nicer word for a dictatorship. At some point, they must have been overthrown - like a rebellion or something - true? 

So, the government changed hands, now it's a democracy, the elected Prime Minister runs the show, but the Royal family carries on?

Isn't that strange? Usually a deposed dictator is exiled or worse, right?

These people carry on in there strange little world, presumably adored by the populace, but with really no power, but tons of riches.

How did all this go down? 

6 mins ago, Slack Tidings said:

Truly, their wealth was all stolen...they should kick the whole royal family to the curb and turn Buckingham palace into a Cumberland Farms or maybe a nice new octagon

Have a Royal Rumble, to the death, with weapons and s**t

Edited by MickAff

1 hour ago, Billybob said:

Well, some of you guys really get your gaydar going when the Royals get mentioned, huh?

What's up with that?

Somebody here knows.

So this family of royals goes back hundreds of years, right? I assume that at one time they were actually the rulers of a monarchy, which is really just a nicer word for a dictatorship. At some point, they must have been overthrown - like a rebellion or something - true? 

So, the government changed hands, now it's a democracy, the elected Prime Minister runs the show, but the Royal family carries on?

These people carry on in there strange little world, presumably adored by the populace, but with really no power, but tons of riches.

There are books that talk about this stuff... lots and lots of books

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

1 hour ago, Billybob said:

What's up with that?

Somebody here knows.

Ill be nice, contrite, and sincere, but I must ask, and I want to know.

Do you really not know?  Or are you joking?

Are you a US citizen?

Did you go to government schools, and for how long?

Asked in true sincerity.

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand