nolegsinMiami

Icast 2018 Rumors

207 posts in this topic

If you go to ICast the girls and you tubers ARE a topic of the show.  And Denny is right, talent and 10,000 hours has nothing to do with it.

While it sucks to see, the change in our sport means companies must change.  Sooner or later, good quality equipment will be second fiddle to the SM campaign behind it.

I feel the same about the chicks.  NOTHING to do with fishing.  Its insulting that people classify the attendees of one of the largest fishing industry shows in the world as base perverts.  If you are a great fisherperson, I will listen and follow you.  I dont care how awesome your ass is.

Maybe a lefty model VR for this year?  Probably not, but I'd order one and give it a try if they did.

15 mins ago, jbaer said:

Maybe a lefty model VR for this year?  Probably not, but I'd order one and give it a try if they did.

RK was already selling them in the Subaqua name before VS started producing the reel (VR). Should be easy if VS has any interest. 

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Shipwreck said:

If you go to ICast the girls and you tubers ARE a topic of the show.  And Denny is right, talent and 10,000 hours has nothing to do with it.

While it sucks to see, the change in our sport means companies must change.  Sooner or later, good quality equipment will be second fiddle to the SM campaign behind it.

I feel the same about the chicks.  NOTHING to do with fishing.  Its insulting that people classify the attendees of one of the largest fishing industry shows in the world as base perverts.  If you are a great fisherperson, I will listen and follow you.  I dont care how awesome your ass is.

Edited by jeffapeikin

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, ged said:

Or at least more pictures of this darsizzler girl?

If you google Darsizzle, she has a website.  I'd post the link but not sure its allowed.   She also has several youtube  videos.  More power to her if she can combine her looks with fishing.  You gotta too go with what you got!  :)

Edited by kayak99

Ok, so besides wanting to give Darsizzle a lick, when the hell does Daiwa plan on releasing its new Emblem Pro?

10 hours ago, dennysnook said:

I fish for a living because I love it btw and know a little more than you do on the subject so the only one randomly posting is you. Knew people before they got internet famous, before they turned their back on the locals that helped them get where there are at, and before they threw people under the bus and spotburned for internet success. Get a little internet fame and now the ego comes with it, despite the same lack of angling skills. Experienced guys can easily spot things others can't and know a phony when you meet one, so when you follow the industry and know how some people sell themselves out and kiss ass for sponsorship using followers it gets a bit tiring. Would rather be broke with great people in my life doing what I love and working hard to get by, than be internet famous by using everyone and everything I can to succeed. 

Ok you seem pretty agitated at this guy, clearly there is another issue involved.  Experienced guys can easily spot these things when others can't.  Anyway, all good happy fishing.

So that's Darsizzle.  Hmmm.  OK, fine.  I have no idea what her genuine fishing expertise may be, but she's shaped well enough to please my eye.  I won't mind watching her bend and flex and wiggle. Did anyone else notice that there's a fish in that picture?  There is.  On fifth review, I think it's a small snatc-no, a small sheepshead. It's really there, if you look awhile.  

Dennysnook has more time invested in fishing then most of us.  More time then the sum of the other posters in this thread, I think, definitely including me. The more experience you have doing something, the better founded your opinion.  He's entitled to have sharp opinions on pseudo-experts. Also, I hope he goes to ICAST and takes pictures of all the cute decorative asses at the show, and reposts them here.

This exchange reminds me that I have a question for Denny, which will be a separate thread, on his taste in line-to-leader knots or non-knot connections. 

8 hours ago, Tagman said:

Ok, so besides wanting to give Darsizzle a lick, when the hell does Daiwa plan on releasing its new Emblem Pro?

X2. Daiwa has no baitrunner in competition with the thunnus.  Would love to see one.

There may be some gentlemen's agreement not to compete too hard, on all products.

Umpteen years ago, Daiwa had big all-metal two speeds to compete with Penn Internationals. That market's been left entirely to Shimano.  I've wondered about that.  

2 hours ago, hobobob said:

X2. Daiwa has no baitrunner in competition with the thunnus.  Would love to see one.

Who does?

Why ism't penn producing a slammer with a live liner?

Doesn't Penn have a higher-end spinning reel that's a baitrunner?  I could've sworn they have one in the current lineup.