nolegsinMiami

Icast 2018 Rumors

85 posts in this topic

It’s that time a year again! Pretty exciting leading up to Icast.  What rumors are everyone hearing?  I have heard of a saltwater stradic and possible redesign of the Loomis inshore rods.

Lots of kewl stuff coming....

I'm excited about a few new rods and reels and lines from a few companies.

Saw some pics of some japanesium reels that will tug at the strings of my wallet for sure.

One company  is coming out with a scoobydoo rig :)  well sorta....mines better and covers more applications  :)

15 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

One company  is coming out with a scoobydoo rig :)  well sorta....mines better and covers more applications  :)

I hope they pay you a royalty on that design. It's outstanding way to get a sluggo out here.  Still experimenting with a boofish proof version with a wireleader to tie the weight on.  

1 hour ago, hobobob said:

I hope they pay you a royalty on that design. It's outstanding way to get a sluggo out here.  Still experimenting with a boofish proof version with a wireleader to tie the weight on.  

The version coming uses a solid wire that you add the weight to the end and just bend it to keep it secure.

I really want to develop miniature tungsten satche style weights that you can just cats paw to the hook eye....But not sure if that's possible.

I predict miles of dudes with patches and go pros trying desperately to meet with factory marketing guys, overexposed chicks in yoga pants talking about how hardcore they are, and 85 booths from Chinese cats promising to knock off the knock off SPs.  And all the real deals will take place 2 weeks before and behind closed doors at the show. Oh and it will be Africa hot. 

Edited by Shipwreck

2 hours ago, pat the nat said:

Overexposed chicks in Yoga pants you say?

X2 we need pictures

The Pelagic girls are usually world class, but alot of instagram, you tube, and fb wanna be's hanging that ass out there looking for a sponsorship.  Ex.  Darcizzle  smh

If the bang girls are still giving out energy drinks, then I will run around and take booty pics all day for you GED. Well atleast until I get kicked out.

Ashames me that some of the bigger companies have given out youtube and social media based sponserships. Where I'm from guy from BlacktipH is a googan, fished around him for years and he is about clueless, but a god to these kids online. Whole movement has changed the way the younger generation gets intel instead of earning/learning it. Want to smack these 15 years olds that think they know it all because of it. Had one not too long ago try to tell me how I should be doing something because he saw somebodies video. Little did he know I was the guy who tought his mentor how to catch fish that way. Gets worse every year unfortunately and the bandwagon line gets longer looking for sponsors. 

Darcizzle hangs that ass out there to distract from her face lol. Not that attractive in person at all but she gets those views evidently. 

Too bad ICast is scheduled during a new moon. Fishing will be too good locally for me to travel.