How to repair a broken Mojo Surf

Rate this topic

Sol

My Mojo Surf (MSS110MHMF2), purchased from a third party, was broken as shown (and in the tip portion) during shipping via the USPS and I will file a claim.  

I have ordered a new tip from St. Croix.

In the meantime i'd like advice on how to try to repair the break shown below. Thanks.

IMG_2167.JPG

IMG_2168.JPG

Crazy question but did you email them. I broke my mojo in the same spot last year first cast of the year. I’ll never leave home without a back up again. They were very good about it. I explained the issue I was the second owner.  I shipped it to them and I believe they sent me a new rod for $50. May want to go that route first. Good luck

Thanks to everyone for the advice.  

I spoke to St. Croix about the broken tip and they will send me a new one for $35 without my having to send in the broken one. I'd heard that they would not replace broken rod butts, but will contact them again to see if I can get a full replacement.

• 4 weeks later...

Folks,

Thanks for the good advice.

I called St Croix, explained that the rod purchased from a third party was broken - at the butt and the top - by the USPS and sent the rod in as requested.

I just got a call from Dave in customer service who told me I could get my rod replaced for $55 (or get an upgrade).  My new Mojo Surf will be shipped out this week.  

I complimented him on St. Croix's customer service.

Sol