flylikabird

Woman in Saugus Tree'd By Pack Of Coyotes

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I read she and her dog were unharmed?

I'm going with she overreacted

I'm not running from a swan, and I'm not climbing trees for coyotes.  When did we get so afraid of nature?

Edited by jkrock

Actually the dog is fine and this is a fake story.  First of all why would she take a pic of her dog and not the coyote's. Second of all, just take a look at the dog.....there is no way in hell he is under a threat. He is happily sitting there waiting for his owner to come down out of the tree, his hackles are not up on his neck, he is not facing the threat with teeth bared, he is pretty relaxed. And last but not least, if he were "attacked" by a pack he would not be fine. I think she got creeped out by the howls of a pack in the woods and panicked.

4 mins ago, bobsea2001 said:

Actually the dog is fine and this is a fake story.  First of all why would she take a pic of her dog and not the coyote's. Second of all, just take a look at the dog.....there is no way in hell he is under a threat. He is happily sitting there waiting for his owner to come down out of the tree, his hackles are not up on his neck, he is not facing the threat with teeth bared, he is pretty relaxed. And last but not least, if he were "attacked" by a pack he would not be fine. I think she got creeped out by the howls of a pack in the woods and panicked.

Yep.  The dog is sitting there wondering why it's nitwit owner is up in a tree acting like a nut

heard this on a talk radio show this morning.   left the dog tied up on the tree. i would never do that, my dog is my family and i protect my family. 

heard this on a talk radio show this morning.   left the dog tied up on the tree. i would never do that, my dog is my family and i protect my family. 

I was checking out the earl warning weather doppler radar with all those thunderstorms yesterday and saw the story tag off to the side on the same page.   Why did they report fake news?  That's not nice.

Yup from the moment I read the first report on this incident it seemed that things didn't add up.  Calling 911 and summoning emergency response is a serious matter. Maybe she needs to be interviewed a little further.

None of that story added up. It was just that....a story. Maybe she wanted her 15 minutes of fame?

yea now that ive actually watched the video, its weird. the dog ins't threatened, the coyotes werent there. was it during the day, wouldnt there be other witnesses? 

The dog may need counseling due to its experience with a idiotic owner!

When I heard the report last night I laughed out loud, realizing that they couldn't be seriously reporting this.

When they played the 911 call, we kept wondering how the operator couldn't keep from laughing either.

Maybe they should have a friendly discussion with the women and see if she might need to consider some sort of financial compensation for a false/unwarranted 911 call??? 

My guess is that a litter was nearby and the pack was getting protective of their pups when they walked by. Then this woman completely over-reacted and pulled this stunt thinking the town would do something drastic to remove them..

Last spring Concord closed a section of Estabrook woods b/c of a litter near a popular trail.  Once the pups were mobile and had left their den they opened the trail back up.

The Attleboro Sun newspaper this morning said that the coyotes were 400 feet away form her and the dog which makes more sense to me. She may have seen them down the path and panicked, or thought they were a lot closer than they were. 

400' feet! That's a long ways in the woods. You're only catching bits and pieces of fur at that distance. Probably her first time hearing a pack sound off just before dark. Very common.