Have the bluefish started biting

Rate this topic

loucar2

Very strange spring for bluefish in the areas I fish. They got here very late and normally are ravenous for a few weeks but seem to be very picky so far. I’m not complaining  because it’s been a nice bass spring with the blues being so late and picky.

Edited by JMB

If you use eclairs in your example, he will get it right away. MikeMc

2 mins ago, JMB said:

Very strange spring for bluefish in the areas I fish. They got here very late and normally are ravenous for a few weeks but seem to be very picky so far. I’m not complying because it’s been a nice bass spring with the blues being so late and picky.

Same here. Last year it was like 2 solid weeks of them and they were coming in close and hungry. Haven't seen them tailing in the 1st cut and all the hits have been light. Only had 1 day with better action so far. Yesterdays gator was the first angry one. 

12 hours ago, JMB said:

Very strange spring for bluefish in the areas I fish. They got here very late and normally are ravenous for a few weeks but seem to be very picky so far. I’m not complaining  because it’s been a nice bass spring with the blues being so late and picky.

I am experiencing the opposite. I seem to be the only guy in my areas not catching bass, but the blues have been a lot of fun.

17 hours ago, Danny1199 said:

Blues are sticking to the bass schedule, at least for me. Dark, or outgoing tide. 

Every time I fished the incoming I get nothing, wait for the tide to flip and start picking up fish. 

Is this true for both bass and blues?  Or just blues?   

17 mins ago, GeoffT said:

Most of my trips this spring (all at Raritan Bay) have been on the incoming - usually with lots of action.   Go figure.

There is a difference between kayak fishing and shore fishing.