fishinbill

Lost rod and reel - Charlestown

12 posts in this topic

Greetings. If anyone should happen to find a Penn spinning outfit in Charlestown, please let me know. Boy genius here drove away with it in top of my car. 

Thanks. 

I was out there in Charlestown Sunday night into early am.  Drove down the breachway road to narrow lane and didn’t see it.  Couldn’t have been too many other cars at that time.   Not that I was looking .. good luck. 

Been there done that. :kook: Hope you find it!

at least you didn't power up your back window with your rod sticking out of it. THAT would be really dumb.

( :o )

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

at least you didn't power up your back window with your rod sticking out of it. THAT would be really dumb.

( :o )

No, but earlier in the day I did slip on the jetty and smash my St Croix rod against the rocks.

Luckily, St. Croix has a good replacement tip policy. (I am a repeat customer there....)

On a positive note, I did catch a few nice bass in between my various mishaps.

Edited by fishinbill

I've done it too. Also left a bicycle on the cuttyhunk ferry. Left my sneakers outside my car 2 wks. ago while getting into my waders, and had to drive home in my socks. Why would someone steal a ratty pair of fishin' sneakers?Anyhow, I hope you get your gear back.

My excuse is I have poor night vision. :shaky:

Having driven off with my rod leaning aginst the passenger door mirror, I've since made it a habit to place the rod on the driver's side. Then I remember to secure it accordingly.

I pretty much have to stop a couple hundred yards down the road every time I head home from fishing.  Always convinced I left something

i try to circle back after i pull out of a spot so that my headlights cover where i was parked.  That way i see if i left anything.  Of course when you are heading home in the wee early hours half the time i just want to go to bed and forget. 

How many here mark their fishing rods with their ID?

I bet there aren't many? The cost to replace top of the line equipment is extremely high so to me, it's worth the effort.

There are some honest people out there that would return a lost system if they knew who it belongs too.

Best way I found to do this is mailing labels. They are small, easy to attach, clearly shows your name and address.

Cover them with clear tape makes them last longer.