TheOtherOne

Plug Building Setup, Introduction, and maybe a few questions

50 posts in this topic

On 5/31/2018 at 4:08 PM, Ed White said:

Oh, you're toast now, better just go ahead and find a good divorce attorney.

I'm ahead (or behind) of the curve on that :laugh:

Tested my first two lures for the first time the other morning...got a 28" 8lb tagged striper on the spook and a bigger fish hit the pencil. I love how they both swim, and both held up- only a little hook rash after a morning of throwing them and they didn't crack or take on any water. I'm very pumped. Never been so excited for a fish to hit my plug, regardless of the size DSCN0180.thumb.JPG.c143060693e42ce64b5a086f27fe1b79.JPGDSCN0179.thumb.JPG.20be7c6532cb1e87605086be8e63821d.JPG

Stay away from the pre-bent annealed wire.  The annealing process softens the wire which can allow it to stretch when fishing larger fish.  This isn't typically a problem with pencil poppers and needlefish but becomes an issue on swimmers with lips. 

14 hours ago, John E said:

Stay away from the pre-bent annealed wire.  The annealing process softens the wire which can allow it to stretch when fishing larger fish.  This isn't typically a problem with pencil poppers and needlefish but becomes an issue on swimmers with lips. 

Thank you for the tip. I actually just put in an order for more wire last night...I got 20x annealed and 20x hard stainless. I was using non-annealed previously, so maybe the annealed will be easier to practice with. Most of what I've been working on has been different poppers and spooks anyway.