My Fly Fishing Mobile....

Rate this topic

hipkvw

The post where someone put 200 miles on their car for a few fish inspired me to share. This is my 2016 Ford Transit 250 Mid-Roof that I built out from a bare bones van. Its insulated, finished in wood with wood floor, has onboard propane heater that vents under the van, an exhaust fan, TVw/DVD, inverter and battery bank, Yeti cooler that slides out on rails(our fridge). I kept it simple. Bed has an 8" foam mattress. No water onboard but we are setup for emergency bathroom breaks and primitive showers.  10 rod holders. Pics dont show all the changes as it evolves. We have been up and down the East Coast and it will also tow my G3 and 21' Parker. The BEST thing is when I am fishing I can park anywhere and sleep, get changed, warm up, wait for tides etc. I LOVE it!! It will eventually get 4x4 or I will buy a 2020 with 4x4 and build another. They are supposed to come out by then. I want to hit the beach! Here's a few pics. Dont mind the spinning rods....they are for the wife :) 

Van1.jpg

van2.jpg

van3.jpg

van4.jpg

van5.jpg

van7.jpg

van8.jpg

van9.jpg

van10.jpg

van11.jpg

Awesome, That rig gives the expression " Tricked Out " a whole new meaning. 

It sure did bring me back to so many days spent in the back of my pickup with a cap and a cot in the back, It sure was not as fancy but I still think about those days so much.

The Tug Is The Drug

P1060161avrs.JPG.4cfec72f29b8d59afe85d0e7a9d85266.JPG