HL

Cape Cod

162 posts in this topic

You fly guys are some interesting bunch .

RJ if your in need of fire wood , we had a good tornado two days ago come thr , plenty of it road side already cut . :rav: 

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, RJ said:

Otshawytsha

Storage is in  a single Double Zip Lock 3.5 inch X  5 &7/8ths clear snack bags that come in a box of 40 potion Pack's.

The product will hold  a full cup of liquid and has the measurements list on its face 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup and 1 cup lines.It has a little white patch you can make notes upon! :hooked:  I have been hooked on these bags for about a year.  You can get them in Dollar Tree Stores throughout most of the nation.There is a Dollar Tree Store in East Harwich in the same mall the is a Ocean State Job Lots.  The product is Surefresh and the box is pink and white with a surefrest banner in blue in the upper left hand corner.  40 sturdey bags for a Dollars is a grand bargain.

Your comment about Mike Oliver coming to the US every year "allegedly" is a bit snarky and sophomoric!  Mike comes to the US in the Spring and Fall.  He stopped the fall trips to Montauk because of the poor quality of striped bass inshore number two years ago.

I have fished with Mike for the last decade!  Your boorish attitude won't float in this environment.  So i'll bid you good bye!  By simply clicking on the Ignore button you are banished to Coventry, Old Boy!

As far as worm hatches, I ran a annual Worm Hatch Crew of up to 15 fly fisher's on Quonny Pond, Charlestown, RI, for 6 years.

The consensus of the Worm Crew was it was interesting but didn't match the joys of fishing on the flats for post spawn striped bass  with crab flies.  Quonny Pond has a huge influx of green crabs every spring and fishing green crab flys on the incoming tides was way more productive than fishing for worm hatch bass.

:beatin:

Ok see you later RJ!

Edited by Otshawytsha

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, RJ said:

Roger that!  Perfect description HT!  

Mike and most other gentelemen from the British Isles are big fans of the typical America breakfast nook!  Mike waxes poetic when describing his favorite breakfast haunts on Montauk and Cape Cod.  His favorite was in Harwich Port but it was shut down and turned into a parking lot.

I'm going to introduce him to Shrimp and Grits with a little steamed spinach this year.  I got the recipe while fishing Ameila Island, FL, this past January,  The two poached eggs on top make it unforgetable!!! 

I guess you aren't a fan of British comedy?

Edited by Otshawytsha

OOOOOkkkk. any way, I'll be out on the Cape 1st week in June with the wife so my Fly Fishing will be limited to a couple AM's before breakfast.  Its been a bit since last time I wet a line out there. looking forward to it.  

Coop

5 hours ago, Oakman said:

Since you've brought it up, again, I guess it's now a topical part of the conversation.  So, I'll ask, what's your ax to grind with the "striper as trout fishing cult"?  All of the people on this forum that I can think of that YOU would label as members of the "cult" only ever offer their opinions and perspectives as another way to think about fishing for stripers.  I could understand all this vitriol if it were directed at something like the state of the fisheries, or mishandling of fish, or something that matters.  Why do you care how someone else chooses to target their fish, if it's doing no harm?  No one give a rat's A$$ how you choose to fish. . .

Sort of offtopic Oakman maybe discuss later?

1 hour ago, Otshawytsha said:

Does Mike have like 10 copies of a go to fly, 5 copies of a few other flies, and then a handful of flies with only 2 copies? Or does he have the go-to flies in multiples and that's all?

Does it have any relavence what and how many flies I tye to another’s fishing.

I simply tye what I think  I will need.

mikey

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, RJ said:

Roger that!  Perfect description HT!  

Mike and most other gentelemen from the British Isles are big fans of the typical America breakfast nook!  Mike waxes poetic when describing his favorite breakfast haunts on Montauk and Cape Cod.  His favorite was in Harwich Port but it was shut down and turned into a parking lot.

I'm going to introduce him to Shrimp and Grits with a little steamed spinach this year.  I got the recipe while fishing Ameila Island, FL, this past January,  The two poached eggs on top make it unforgetable!!! 

There's a partially-completed 2-story bldg where Gino's once was.

By virtue of saying grits, I'm assuming you're not referring to any product made by Quaker Oats. I have actual grits if you need some. :th:

Edited by patchyfog

16 hours ago, Mike Oliver said:

Rj

Thats real funny “resemble”

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Mike Oliver said:

Does it have any relavence what and how many flies I tye to another’s fishing.

I simply tye what I think  I will need.

mikey

Curiosity only. 

Edited by Otshawytsha

3 hours ago, Hook I said:

You fly guys are some interesting bunch .

RJ if your in need of fire wood , we had a good tornado two days ago come thr , plenty of it road side already cut . :rav: 

Thanks For the suggestion, but my source is much more cough version of customer made by hand in a mill by a Millwright I used to hunt ducks and build Barnagat Bay Sneak Boxes Down The Jersey Shore 40 years ago. I mate on his 25 foot Shamrock out ofHighlands, NJ, when not fishing the Navesink River, Sandy Hook Bay and the ocean off Monmouth County in my dory!

In the mill I trim 7 “ long 3/8” pieces' and custom fit the kindling in antique cigar boxes just made of ceader!  See you and Breezy on the Cape!  The HR SB’s will spawn this coming week!.  There should be some CB SB on the southern beaches and the canal now. If the HR tribe spawns by the 26 of May we might connect with them when you hit the Cape in in June.