HL

Cape Cod

159 posts in this topic

58 mins ago, JoeGBreezy said:

There's a picture ( Current Seams ) of Mike Oliver preparing warm tea and milk for Steve Culton on one of those snotty nights. Very British. Good stuff.

great bunch up there .

Went up for a short weekend  and met the guys . I ended up w/ 11 fish best was about 26” . My 1st was taken on one of these so I stayed with the same color profile 1/0 hook 922A2E27-C0A3-444F-8FA4-288ED226F28A.thumb.jpeg.d067e1ca7d9c60233a5fd7d7747ece2a.jpeg. Synthetic redfish / anchovy over white with flash weighted eyes . 8w Orvis Helios 3D Mirage allrounder line  9’ 30/15 floro tippet  . 

1 hour ago, bonefishdick said:

My question my friend is if the fish were caught in a place we discussed or some place else.

Hi Dick hope all is well I sent you a PM yesterday or the day before . Mike ( Dblhaul acknowledge his pm ) was happy to share along with yourself . I was not able to connect with either of you ( my loss ) up north & in Fla. but hopefully it will happen . thanks the other chuck    

Great trip.

Weather was coolest it has ever been for these trips. The big NE winds  and heavy rain meant good fishing. It also meant fewer Fishers on the beach.

Not so many fish over 28 inches. But plenty in the 18 to 22 category’s.

Needed same  clothes you would wear in the fall,at Montauk.

Water perversely warm.

Days when it was fish a cast almost.

Out group did well and had a wonderful time spending real quality time together.

Mikey

PS back in the fall.

Oly, so happy to see that you for and the group was a success. I would have loved to connect at some point but things have been beyond my control. Hopefully the fall will be better.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Mike Oliver said:

Great trip.

Weather was coolest it has ever been for these trips. The big NE winds  and heavy rain meant good fishing. It also meant fewer Fishers on the beach.

Not so many fish over 28 inches. But plenty in the 18 to 22 category’s.

One thing we noticed is almost no really small fish, 8-10 inches or so, as we had seen in the last several years.  How about you?

Edited by GregPavlov

Greg

We did get some very small fish at times but not too many.

Lets hope this 2011 year class makes it through to maturity.

They face lots of pressure from many angles.

Mike