Matteo78

New Penn Clash 4000 Thumps

6 posts in this topic

I have a penn clash 4000, it’s smooth when reeling without any lures. However when I am retrieving a lure it makes a thumping noise on every full crank. It is new and I’ve only used it once. Any Ideas?

If it is more of a click it could just be the anti-reverse dog switching directions. Does it happen at the time the spool is all the way out or all the way in?

Ron 

Matteo my prediction when the Penn guy gets in on this is he will say the oscillating block needs grease. I have had same problem, so have others. The knock or thumping...

The majority of our spinning reels have a faint click/tick when the spool reaches the highest and lowest position due to the crosswind block (osc. slider) changing direction.  Part # 43, remove it from the reel and add more grease underneath in the slot, the feeling will not go away completely, but it may feel/sound more faint. 

tony

7 mins ago, PENN Fishing said:

The majority of our spinning reels have a faint click/tick when the spool reaches the highest and lowest position due to the crosswind block (osc. slider) changing direction.  Part # 43, remove it from the reel and add more grease underneath in the slot, the feeling will not go away completely, but it may feel/sound more faint. 

tony

crosswind block was I meant to say, knew I got it wrong.