beerdoh

Yet another VR50 thread (factory service related)

4 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share my recent VS service experience. I purchased a brand new VR50 in March from another SOLer and of course I decided to take it apart. Problem is, I took it apart just before bed after a couple beers and without going into detail broke it when putting it back together. Then I broke it worse by removing the anti-reverse clutch and putting it back in out of alignment. Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well that night and may have kicked some inanimate objects on my way through the garage.

Next day I packaged up the brand new broken reel and sent it off to VS for repair. A week or so later I ran into Craig Cantelmo at a local show and told him about my troubles (basically confessed to being an idiot). He immediately sent an email to his service guy with me on copy and said he'd get it checked out ASAP. That was around 6 weeks ago.

I waited a week then checked in with Craig and he told me they didn't have the parts or tooling setup for the VR50 in their Oklahoma facility and were waiting on the shipments for both. I made a pest of myself every week or 2 and got replies with updates on an ETA.

To make a long story short, I just received my reel in the mail. They fixed it and charged me absolutely nothing! They even shipped it overnight on their dime. You can't ask for better service than that. Especially since I broke the thing of my own free will. Below is what they replaced:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Product Code - Product Name Price
1 VP015-01 - VP015-01 6A - SPOOL SHAFT 0.00
1 VP028-02 - VP028-02 7P - PINION GEAR BALL BEARING 0.00
1 VP134-01 - VP134-01 6B - SPOOL SHAFT PIN 0.00
1 VP063-01 - VP063-01 7N - ONE WAY CLUTCH 0.00
1 VREPAIR - VAN STAAL REEL REPAIR 0.00
Sub-Total: 0.00
Tax: 0.00
Shipping & Handling: 0.00
TOTAL: 0.00

A big shout out to Craig and Larry from VS for top notch customer service!

Now I hope to put some fish on it ASAP...

Spoke to Craig numerous times. Really  nice guy. Big thumb for VS service.That's what made me buy their reels. Service is a key ..

On 5/4/2018 at 1:44 PM, beerdoh said:

Just wanted to share my recent VS service experience. I purchased a brand new VR50 in March from another SOLer and of course I decided to take it apart. Problem is, I took it apart just before bed after a couple beers and without going into detail broke it when putting it back together. Then I broke it worse by removing the anti-reverse clutch and putting it back in out of alignment. Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well that night and may have kicked some inanimate objects on my way through the garage.

Next day I packaged up the brand new broken reel and sent it off to VS for repair. A week or so later I ran into Craig Cantelmo at a local show and told him about my troubles (basically confessed to being an idiot). He immediately sent an email to his service guy with me on copy and said he'd get it checked out ASAP. That was around 6 weeks ago.

I waited a week then checked in with Craig and he told me they didn't have the parts or tooling setup for the VR50 in their Oklahoma facility and were waiting on the shipments for both. I made a pest of myself every week or 2 and got replies with updates on an ETA.

To make a long story short, I just received my reel in the mail. They fixed it and charged me absolutely nothing! They even shipped it overnight on their dime. You can't ask for better service than that. Especially since I broke the thing of my own free will. Below is what they replaced:

Qty Product Code - Product Name Price
1 VP015-01 - VP015-01 6A - SPOOL SHAFT 0.00
1 VP028-02 - VP028-02 7P - PINION GEAR BALL BEARING 0.00
1 VP134-01 - VP134-01 6B - SPOOL SHAFT PIN 0.00
1 VP063-01 - VP063-01 7N - ONE WAY CLUTCH 0.00
1 VREPAIR - VAN STAAL REEL REPAIR 0.00
Sub-Total: 0.00
Tax: 0.00
Shipping & Handling: 0.00
TOTAL: 0.00

A big shout out to Craig and Larry from VS for top notch customer service!

Now I hope to put some fish on it ASAP...

nice:):)