big durm using 13' Black Hole Surf II Heavy out of Hatteras, NC

Rate this topic

ksong

I fish that area a lot and he wasn't at The Point from what it appears to me He was closer to Ramp 43 which is a mile up the beach north of The Narrows. The shark was a sandbar shark. 

its not a matter of whether your rod can catch a fish.. the matter is how well it can cast 8nBait and the physical weight of the rod to hold while you are waiting on a Drum to bite.

Spiked rods at The Point are a pain in the A$$ when the Drum Bite is on. 

1 hour ago, DaBig2na said:

I fish that area a lot and he wasn't at The Point from what it appears to me He was closer to Ramp 43 which is a mile up the beach north of The Narrows. The shark was a sandbar shark. 

its not a matter of whether your rod can catch a fish.. the matter is how well it can cast 8nBait and the physical weight of the rod to hold while you are waiting on a Drum to bite.

This is a very good point and would love to see this rod cast and see how it loads and how it feels. Can it cast 10oz and a bunker head and what’s the price. Is this a one peace or two.  are some of my questions. I’m on Long Island and you cancelled your casting day. I was hoping to try this rod 

I've put sharks on the beach much bigger than that one using 17# Sufix Tritanium... without the aid of a " bird dog" like he had to retrieve out of the wash.

Sandbar sharks and Sand Tigers are a common occurrence when one fishes in that area.

Edited by DaBig2na

8 hours ago, DaBig2na said:

Mike Basnite cast over 700' using 12' Black Hole Surf II Heavy rod with 8 oz sinker.

The light weight of the rod is an advantage. 

6 hours ago, hydraman said:

This is a very good point and would love to see this rod cast and see how it loads and how it feels. Can it cast 10oz and a bunker head and what’s the price. Is this a one peace or two.  are some of my questions. I’m on Long Island and you cancelled your casting day. I was hoping to try this rod 

Sorry we cancel the Demo Day in Long Island.  

This is two-piece rod (50:50). 

No problem to cast 10 oz and a bunker head with the rod. 

5 mins ago, DaBig2na said:

I don't know who Mike Basnight is.  Wasn't he using braid?

50/50 splits are going to be a really hard sell to the Va and OBX folks.

CTS 1305 and 1306's are on fire down here ... 

He used braid. 

I checked CTS rods. the Black Hole Surf II Heavy rods are new and I feel the rod get recognition from Virginia/NC surf anglers based on the responses.