FunkyBunker

May 2018 Fishing Reports

740 posts in this topic

Bunker didn't make a return appearance this morning.  SSW wind with cooler water I guess didn't help.  Found one small striper and one 3 to 4 pound blue.  Didn't see any other activity from folks on the sand or boats that worked through.  Won't be back out till Monday.  Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone.

Posted (edited)

Just got back from my first fluke trip of the year out back OC on the yak. 6am-11am. Water was definitely stained and the fluke just didn’t seem to commit to eating the bait. Lots of taps, not a lot of fish. I managed maybe 4 or 5 fish with one keeper so I’m not complaining. Watched a fellow SOLer lay down game to the hotties on the beach though. Lol hahaha that was hilarious.

Edited by Pma531

Fished out back in nomoco and to sum it up this will be my last back trip of the year. Fished hard from 5-12 at 2 spots first looking for blues then bass and ended the day with 1 blue at around 2 pounds. Really expected to find some fish during the outgoing tide, everything seemed to add up. Anyways back at it during the early am hours on monday someplace outfront. Happy Memorial Day weekend to all.

2 hours ago, Matt Szwagulinski said:

Fished out back in nomoco and to sum it up this will be my last back trip of the year. Fished hard from 5-12 at 2 spots first looking for blues then bass and ended the day with 1 blue at around 2 pounds. Really expected to find some fish during the outgoing tide, everything seemed to add up. Anyways back at it during the early am hours on monday someplace outfront. Happy Memorial Day weekend to all.

Night time is the right time. I’ve found better luck at night recently. Once the sun comes out the bass shutdown in the areas I fish. 

Posted (edited)

2 mins ago, Mojoboy said:

Night time is the right time. I’ve found better luck at night recently. Once the sun comes out the bass shutdown in the areas I fish. 

Thats my plan for the rest of the year. Well at least till the fall. Just going to fish once it gets dark and leave after sunrise unless the bite continues into the morning. Honestly left earlier yesterday for 2 reasons. 1 being to avoid the traffic and the second being I had hopes of having fun with some blues.

Edited by Matt Szwagulinski