FunkyBunker

May 2018 Fishing Reports

899 posts in this topic

Yesterday 5- 11 pm NoMoCo out back.  Hit 3 spots.  Threw SS popper, SP, MD, Swim Shad … nothing   Will be back out night stalking this weekend.

2 hours ago, Master Debaiter said:

Fished the bay with a couple of friends outgoing tide.....bunker around us. Had about 20 bass up to 20 pounds all on plugs. If anyone finds a white PPW Danny please give it back. lol. Lost it to a really nice fish 

Heard it was a seal.  :shrug:

3 mins ago, Master Debaiter said:

AFF8ABD9-B09D-4A54-8CEA-FDA4EA9F7C03.jpeg

:laugh: 

I made the decision to move out front last night for a change of scenery.  Other than running into fellow SOL'er Ed White, which is always a pleasure, I was entertained with fish so small I didn't have the heart to tag em.  Wasn't a skunk and I did downsize the gear in anticipation of much smaller fish.  Just didn't expect everyone of em to be THAT small.  But it wasn't a skunk so there's that.

17 hours ago, GeoffT said:

Beautiful morning.

20180501_052807.jpg

20180501_053712.jpg

Nice fish man. You’ve been killing it. If you’re ever looking for someone to launch with, let me know.

51 mins ago, fishless said:

I made the decision to move out front last night for a change of scenery.  Other than running into fellow SOL'er Ed White, which is always a pleasure, I was entertained with fish so small I didn't have the heart to tag em.  Wasn't a skunk and I did downsize the gear in anticipation of much smaller fish.  Just didn't expect everyone of em to be THAT small.  But it wasn't a skunk so there's that.

Don’t make the same mistake tonight :beatin:

8 mins ago, Master Debaiter said:

Don’t make the same mistake tonight :beatin:

Don't worry I'll Be Back! 

Posted (edited)

9 mins ago, fishless said:

Don't worry I'll Be Back! 

download.jpg

Edited by GeoffT

2 hours ago, fishless said:

Thank God you kept that 50 lb power pro line on! :D

3 mins ago, nam1969 said:

Thank God you kept that 50 lb power pro line on! :D

Seriously, it made for easy work ripping those guppies in across the surface.  :p

Was out yesterday evening in the same area I picked a few in the morning and could only find one little guy.  So figured i would head a bit to the south today, well the little ones followed me.  Had three on the sand that were all of 16 inches or less, dropped another in the wash, and had 3 or 4 other bumps.  Beautiful morning with a west wind, clear sky, clean water, and light surf.  Just wish a few more quality fish would head to the front.

5 hours ago, Master Debaiter said:

Fished the bay with a couple of friends outgoing tide.....bunker around us. Had about 20 bass up to 20 pounds all on plugs. If anyone finds a white PPW Danny please give it back. lol. Lost it to a really nice fish 

If a boriqua finds it, forget it

Out back last night in NoMoCo, fished from 7:30-9:30pm, tried SP bunker color and MD bone then switched to MD ghost, ended up with the skunk. Bait guys around me were doing well.