Delmarva Fishin' Reports - May 2018

Rate this topic

The washed up Fleas are not crushed.....this maybe a coincidental full moon/molt thing.
Last Fall Bill J. told me and Earl that the beach would be shut for this project.Glad that didn't happen.
The truck is staying close to the water so that the ruts will fill in quickly and the osv trail won't get screwed up...

Edited by Possum

Unknown

22 hours ago, luckyOC said:

My bad, if i saw any vehicle going through salt water like that, in the surf zone whether it was a .gov park employee or not, i would say the same. 

Most would call the ranger if they saw a visitor doing that.

One wrong turn or rut and he is underwater, I would say he is putting himself in harms way.

If I did that, in the midst of doing so, i would say to myself, man, I'm an idiot.

Haha.....nice save dude

OCMD beach was quiet this morning.  Fished 5:30-8:30 and a skate and doggie was all I had to show for it .  No bait fish visible but the local osprey was not skunked like me.  Threw plugs until my biceps was screaming. Then let the cut bunker dot he rest.  Got to see another awesome sunrise so a good day was had.

image.jpeg

Incase nobody saw it as of May 1st If you are on the Va side you can only have 3 rods per licensed angler and they must be attended at all times.

No bait launchers either.

And just like any well thought out government reg the boat that's trolling 200 yards off the beach can have  6 rods or more out.

Edited by DerrickT

5 hours ago, BLilly said:

We're they having problems with people setting up 10 rods and eating up a quarter mile of beach? Just curious as to why they implemented the new 3 rods per person rule.

Virginia always goes overboard on stuff that  doesnt make sense or only affects the minority of anglers.  But that being said, a 4 rod limitsounds more reasonable IMO per angler.

1 hour ago, Steve Coleman said:

C'mon guys quit holding back on the reports.  I know what's in the surf now.  Can't vicariously enjoy the scene if you all have lockjaw.  And don't forget the pics. :wave:

Well there may be fish somewhere but they are way smarter than me and Bill. Nothing for us this past week, we even split up a couple days to increase our chances.....No one I spoke to on the beach this past week had caught anything....