Delmarva Fishin' Reports - May 2018

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, allen sklar said:

Fished 6 hours this morning, not even a bump but the fleas were disappearing...blowtoads maybe.

I used floats with fleas and lasted forever last year when I couldn't hold a flea. .  12-18in off bottom.  I would rather be on bottom but also would rather know I have bait out there.. I used to catch stripers on float rigs with peelers but not sure about Blackies as they hug bottom.  Hope to experiment in few days

Edited by Critter Gitter
"That's a Screamer"

46 mins ago, Critter Gitter said:

I used floats with fleas and lasted forever last year when I couldn't hold a flea. .  12-18in off bottom.  I would rather be on bottom but also would rather know I have bait out there.. I used to catch stripers on float rigs with peelers but not sure about Blackies as Rudy ki hug bottom.  Hope to experiment in few days

WP_20160513_001.jpg

Unknown

Looks like the Bay is heating up. Heard bad reports about opening weekend but the fishing was on today. Landed a 42in (striper) and saw plenty of other fish back at the marina. Not sure if this is the right spot for Bay talk but after gettin skunked at AI yesterday it was good to see fish.

Due to the deep ruts created driving on the upper beach the dump truck used to remove the dug up remains of the old back road is trying to help by driving the surf line but the unintended result is millions of crushed sand fleas washing into the surf apparently killing the fish bite for all the fishermen I know. For every action there is a reaction...

ADS_9049.jpg

ADS_9053.jpg

ADS_9054.jpg

Lucky.....well the plovers are under strict observation and when they nest the beach will close and the operation will suspend....I assume. The driver of the truck is not an idiot, rather a professional and a friend of mine.....he is doing his best to disrupt the beach as little as possible but if you've been near that truck you know it is massive. Please, complaints should not be aimed at the operator.

15 mins ago, luckyOC said:

:mad:

What about the plovers???? im sure that idiot can see and avoid them right

My bad, if i saw any vehicle going through salt water like that, in the surf zone whether it was a .gov park employee or not, i would say the same. 

Most would call the ranger if they saw a visitor doing that.

One wrong turn or rut and he is underwater, I would say he is putting himself in harms way.

If I did that, in the midst of doing so, i would say to myself, man, I'm an idiot.