luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - May 2018

212 posts in this topic

42 mins ago, JoelJ said:

guess we are different from Joisey where fish hang-out waiting for the mob to arrive . . . :laugh:

So glad that's not the case down here..:)

What I meant was there is more to be concerned about real time fish reports than mention of location . . . sorry for the confusion . . .

nice brian!

and PM me if you guys think there is spot burning going on, besides a schoolie at IRI, i must be missing something.

Posted (edited)

Nice! Too bad the weather next few days looks like crap. Regardless....heading there soon.:th:

Edited by pilotman

9 hours ago, pilotman said:

Nice! Too bad the weather next few days looks like crap. Regardless....heading there soon.:th:

I think the fish might prefer bad weather truthfully.

Couple more.

joeyblack [800x600].jpg

kule42rock2 [800x600].jpg

15 hours ago, JoelJ said:

......I

..........Joisey .............

You do know know one form NJ uses this term right?  It's Brooklyn-ese and maybe from TV.

Posted (edited)

Back early from 4 day stance.  Only 2 fish above. Thanks Erik.  Lots going otherwise with very nice Crazy Earl ash spreading, double in line towing and weather systems.  Called it quits as not sure I could capture my youthful passionate surf fishing exuberance.  Age denial lol.  4 days casting 4 heavers, sleep deprivation and a Cambridge curse.  It was all good.  Got to fish with good buds.  Although water was 60-62 deg when I left absence of all other early species like small sharks, rays and sandtigers tells me its late spring and Striper migration only beginning.  Methinks next week it will be in full force.  

FISH ON!

IMG_0809.JPG.4a6d24eefb8820afffbc563822a4c082.JPG

Edited by Critter Gitter
spell

Last day for me, back to work....no stripers but I can't cast too far anymore shoulder done.....the Black Drum were about it for Bill and I but no regrets! 

ADS_9285.JPG

15 mins ago, allen sklar said:

Last day for me, back to work....no stripers but I can't cast too far anymore shoulder done.....the Black Drum were about it for Bill and I but no regrets! 

No bitchin about me being in your spot will be a relief :) 

.......though I hope to see you out there

Sorry I missed you CG.  Inshore temps are colder than normal,  I  bet they stay offshore and swim straight up to Joisey (sp).  But we can always hope that a late pulse will come within casting distance.  

I'll be down soon as I can see a decent weather window.  

Allen one of the fish was scary close fishing for blackies just behind the break.  They cruise the shoreline scarfing up fleas.  Caught a big drum in same wash in tourney few years back.

Talking close close.  

Steve you should get into them next week OR they are starting to do what they did in the Fall and bypass our beach which would really suck big time.  

Dave glad i got a tide with you... sorry you  packed it in.

hope your right its just starting

17 mins ago, Critter Gitter said:

Allen one of the fish was scary close fishing for blackies just behind the break.  They cruise the shoreline scarfing up fleas.  Caught a big drum in same wash in tourney few years back.

Talking close close.  

Steve you should get into them next week OR they are starting to do what they did in the Fall and bypass our beach which would really suck big time.  

22 hours ago, Possum said:

cg 38. & 42

V__72E8.jpg

V__6AD3.jpg

I hope it’s not the latter!

and that day fish was a beaut. 

7 mins ago, jeepcreep said:

I hope it’s not the latter!

and that day fish was a beaut. 

Your 44in was also sweet.  Thanks for taking pics and the peelers.