Tricky mouse

Rate this topic

Bergallmaster

We have a mouse or 2 that seem to thwart us at every turn. I put out 6 traps along walls using both peanut butter and cheese. The mouse has shown no interest. Put out a few glue traps but nothing. Don't want to use poison due to dogs and kids. Any other ideas?

the human race has proved darwins theory of evolution wrong. we let the dumb survive. 

Image result for cape fear waiting for bear to move

Tie strings to all the possible doors, cracks, and windows that the mice are getting into your house from and attach them to a teddy bear and sit across from the bear armed to the teeth all night long. If the bear moves one smidgeon, open fire on anything moving. 

If it isn't touching the bait, it probably isn't hungry because it is feeding somewhere other than where the trap is.  We had a mouse problem a few years ago.  Went through the entire house to find what they were eating.  Bastards were getting into the very back of a lazy susan in the kitchen and biting open sugar and flour bags.  We also emptied every drawer and cabinet in the kitchen.  There were mouse droppings everywhere.  Friggin nasty.

We threw just about everything out and after that everything in the kitchen cabinets got put in tupperware containers.  Once they were cut off from the food supply, they began going after the peanut butter in the traps.  It was then open season.  Haven't had a problem since.

Edited by north-shore fisha

On 4/30/2018 at 9:30 AM, rollincoal said:

Thai is a really good trap.

What do you use as a bait?

Edited by Popasilov

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

On 5/4/2018 at 1:13 PM, skinnywater said:

Small amount of peanut butter with a couple black oil sunflower seeds stuck into it. Gets them every time. Cheers 

I agree with this (PB and some seeds), and would also suggest a few drips of honey over the PB and seed concoction. 

16 hours ago, Popasilov said:

Thai is a really good trap.

What do you use as a bait?

It’s not my trap/video, I don’t know what was used; pretty interesting trap though.

"If you know that and you don't know anything else you know more than if you know everything else and you don't know that."