ekelly33

Van Staal Seals

5 posts in this topic

I know this has been discussed, however I’m hoping we can simplify things. Looks like many people have done hours of research.  

What I’m looking for is this.i have a vs 250 and a couple 300s. Would like a bulk supply of seals.  Where do I go and most importantly what part # do I order from these suppliers.  I am looking for the large side cover o-rings. The quad seals and the steel clad cup seal at the handle

any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks 

Ed

If you do not have the VS kit I would start there. They provide an aluminum rod for setting the quadseal. 

As for the other seals, I have bought direct from VS. McMaster Carr is also a good supplier for seals. 

On 4/29/2018 at 8:52 PM, ekelly33 said:

I know this has been discussed, however I’m hoping we can simplify things. Looks like many people have done hours of research.  

What I’m looking for is this.i have a vs 250 and a couple 300s. Would like a bulk supply of seals.  Where do I go and most importantly what part # do I order from these suppliers.  I am looking for the large side cover o-rings. The quad seals and the steel clad cup seal at the handle

any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks 

Ed

Seals for the VS100/150 l have found at Rockauto , side cover cup seal 343104(national) on sale 1.92 each, pinion seal 342805(national) 3.26 

AdvanceAuto either one 2.99 each, these are all common seals.

Give me the national number for the VS200&300 on the seals cup and pinion, as far as o-rings buy OEM you will change the seals more often then the o-rings, re-lube o-ring and put back. l did find a supplier for the metric o-ring in NJ years ago but don't remember who.  

4 hours ago, ekelly33 said:

National #  ??

National is the brand name of the seal and would be on the face of the seal., there should be numbers on the face of the seal, like 342805 as l posted in a post.

You might have to pull a seal out of your reel, if they were put in backwards, which is what VS is doing now from what l understand.