Anybody ever make a wader repair????

What’s up SOL....I used my waders this past weekend for the first time since the fall, and they leaked in pretty bad. I noticed I had vertical cracks and the rubber separated a little from the inner fabric. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Or is throwing them out and getting new ones the best solution? I’ll post pics when I get home later tonight. Thanks for the input 

You can patch it, but it sounds like a major issue is going on with the fabric between the boot and the wader material. I am assuming it's neoprene? I'd replace, this time of year's water temps with waders leaking can end a trip faster than you can say waterlogged.

If it is a white ish coating that is peeling from the lining side then you have a coating that is delaminating and whatever you do is prolonging the inevitable

if it is a 3 layer fabric that has a tricot backing then the deterioration can be isolated but you should do this from the outside not the lining side

as said the aqua seal or those tent repair kits may help

best in these type of laminated or coated fabric is taking care of it... away from sun, no dryer because it will quickly expand the gas/vapor within the membrane to accelerate delamination

and wear a layer that will aid in fabric moving across your skin... wet fabric clings to skin and when you bend or flex the fabric weave slips and weaken coatings and laminations

Yellow Eyed Devils
There's no Sense in Nonsense!

I like Aqua Seal but that is for smaller rips/patch jobs. I had a pair of neoprene waders and they were in my basement for a few years. I wore them and they had multiple leaks, I noted where the leaks were (10 spots) and used a whole can of flex seal, It worked for some of the spots but not all, I chucked em.

17 hours ago, ljschroe said:

I use a flux brush and aqua seal

Yes, amazing stuff, but there's another product I came across called "Lexel."  It seems very similar, except it stores better after opening.  My experience with aqua seal is that, once used, the shelf life of what remains in the tube is short.  I bought a standard caulking tube size Lexel that I've been using for a couple of years.  It has sealed torn boots, etc., and also glued a broken Belgian block curb stone back together (still holding after two years - no joke).

1 hour ago, ljschroe said:

I'll have to check that out.  I bought that expensive large tube of Aqua Seal and it went kaput after only a couple of months after opening.  As a matter of fact, it was half kaput when I opened it after it sat for a few months.

When done with the application, wipe off excess from cap & tube neck & dab some grease on the threads of the neck.... make sure you tighten it good.

store in freezer, and warm up in warm water for a minute or 2 before applying.

2 hours ago, ljschroe said:

I'll have to check that out.  I bought that expensive large tube of Aqua Seal and it went kaput after only a couple of months after opening.  As a matter of fact, it was half kaput when I opened it after it sat for a few months.

Any society that charges it's own children for knowledge, is doomed to fail.

Whilst intelligence is not affected by geography, it is influenced by education, opportunity and drive.   

Now is the time to change our attitude towards blues, next year may well be too late (Somebody listened :th: )
Member of the Yellow Eyed Devils
May you never have to fish to live, rather live to fish.