The Draft is upon us

Rate this topic

Markushook

25 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Since we're fantasizing, can I wish for the return of Mark Bavaro?  It's been a long time since the Giants had a really top-5 tight end. 

The perfect pro athlete imo.  All action, no talk.  Never ran his mouth, never showed off, never acted like a clown.

I'd rather lose cheering for a team of Bavaro's than win having to endure a team of Beckam's any day.

On 4/30/2018 at 4:08 PM, JoeyZac said:

The perfect pro athlete imo.  All action, no talk.  Never ran his mouth, never showed off, never acted like a clown.

I'd rather lose cheering for a team of Bavaro's than win having to endure a team of Beckam's any day.

I wasn't aware of Bavaro, my guess is great coaching to. 

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:08 PM, JoeyZac said:

I've gotten to a point in life where having likable guys on the teams I root for is important to me too.....

5 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

not a fan of anybody really. I just don't do the holier than thou BS.

As a paying customer ( buying tickets, watching on TV , supporting, rooting etc) my reasonable  expectations are that professional athlete(s) should be law abiding both on and off the court or field.

This is NOT to put me on a pedestal or on a higher moral ground, it just the way I think.  

1 hour ago, iphish said:

As a paying customer ( buying tickets, watching on TV , supporting, rooting etc) my reasonable  expectations are that professional athlete(s) should be law abiding both on and off the court or field.

This is NOT to put me on a pedestal or on a higher moral ground, it just the way I think.  

Well said. You’re a professional. Act like one

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2018 at 1:19 PM, HugeDinghy said:

not a fan of anybody really. I just don't do the holier than thou BS.

Within reason

These people, like it or not, are role models

Somebody playing the lookee meee idiot is one thing

The thugs, the criminals, the "cheating is OK so long as you win" guys are another altogether and shouldn't be part of the game.

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962