Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hp609

Simrad GO9 and other chart plotters

10 posts in this topic

Anyone know if the Simrad GO9 XSE With TotalScan Transducer and C-Map has the ability to create your own maps like quickdraw? Im trying to pick out a new gps unit. Looking for a 7 or 9" touch screen with the chirp, side scan, down scan, etc goodies if anyone has suggestions. I currently have a garmin 740s that i will keep mounted as a back up

I have the go7 and yes, C-map aka Genesis does let you make custom contour maps as move. 

from their website: http://ww2.simrad-yachting.com/en-US/Products/Marine-Charts/

Insight Genesis is now known as C-MAP Genesis, which empowers boaters to create custom contour maps of their favorite fishing and boating areas. Whether mapping previously uncharted waters or ensuring surveyed water details are accurate and current, C-MAP Genesis delivers a new level of personal mapping for boaters.

The C-MAP Genesis Social Map is a free, global, online presentation of inland and coastal data generated by the Lowrance, Simrad Yachting and B&G communities of fishing, cruising, and sailing enthusiasts. Anyone with a Free or Premium Insight Genesis subscription has unlimited access to the Insight Genesis Social Map and can also export maps for personal use on the water.

People using Moriches Inlet could use that capacity, right now.  No doubt everyone's hoping that other people are using that capacity too. 

Thanks! i was wondering what the c-map meant. It will come in handy for mapping the deep back bay 

22 hours ago, BrianBM said:

People using Moriches Inlet could use that capacity, right now.  No doubt everyone's hoping that other people are using that capacity too. 

thats how i feel in long island sound.

played with the go9 today, going to go with that. really nice unit, tried out the cmap stuff and its very easy to record and select if you want it to overlay on the chart or not

Have used the Go9 since last May

Very nice unit 

Still figuring out how to dial in the Side Scan and other stuff

I did return the unit over the winter because the touch screen was not working in a few areas on the screen

Got a replacement and works great

Make sure to upgrade to newest software which was available 2 months ago

easy to do

5.0 I believe

I recently upgraded to the 7 xsr, don't really know why I got it over xse because I don't need the sonar but o well, still trying to figure it out as well, but after lots and lots of research I landed on the simrad Gos, I would love to have the 9, but it was a little bit out of my price range, but you deff wont be disappointed

Got Simrad NSS9 Evo3 installed today but it will be couple of days before I get to test it on the water, the weather is pretty nasty in the Keys, I’m gonna keep the Garmin for a backup and link it up with my Yami to display engine Info 

A0A12B07-A9F8-4E44-92DA-06E7CF5DD0E7.jpeg

FDAF5E1D-A4BB-4779-98B0-6056F307C83C.jpeg