How often do you upgrade or change your cel phone/device?

Rate this topic

Kings over Queens

2 hours ago, Kings over Queens said:

Samsung note 4, just under 3 years old.  Battery doesn't keep a decent charge, pages slow to load, gps acts funny, camera takes and inordinate amout of time to focus.

Easy enough to replace the battery, but is it worth if for 3 year old technology?

I upgrade only when I drop the current one overboard, which happens way too much.  Last 3 phones were all Note 3, after losing my S5.  I'm going backwards, and it's fine.

In your case, a new battery on Amazon is $10.  You have nothing to lose by grabbing a new one, cleaning some crap out of the phones memory, and pressing on.

49 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

I’ve never had a cell phone of my own, always work. 

My company reimburses me for the cost, so I could get the latest and greatest.  My value system makes me pause before I spent OPM (other peoples money), which as it were, is mine, because I'm a shareholder/partner.  

#otterlivesmatter

Dropped the iPhone in the water, turned on the old s7, it went berserk after a couple of weeks , bought the 180.00 Samsung something , it sucks just as bad as every other phone I've had, 

I change phones when I have too.

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

Just this week looked into why my S5 keeps saying " not enough space"  for new emails. It seems 16gb is not enough storage space for all the apps I use  on the phone.  All the newer phones are a minimum 32 , most are 64 , so I might be looking at a new s8 or 9. Also , the phone does seem to be slower than usual ( convincing myself),  so might have to upgrade (kinda want a new toy).

2 hours ago, MitchellNJ said:

I've upgraded when the 2yr contract was up and my old phone was worth as much or more than the replacement. Now that we're forced to pay monthly, probably not as often. 

yep. my 5s is staying until it dies or I do. i'm not paying to buy a phone. if i do it will be a pay as you go phone.

i'm hanging on to my sony ericsson T610 too - camera, blue tooth, etc and its charger. to see if it will work. 

Disclaimer: the above may not represent the actual views of the writer, but may have been expressed sarcastically/ ironically with the sole intention of providing humour. That notwithstanding, the writer retains the right to be emotionally, psychologically or alcohol/substance impaired at the time of writing

(*member formerly known as 'guernseybass')

its useful if you let it be, ie don't have any patience to check emails, stock prices, fishing reports, weather etc until you get home or in the office.

Disclaimer: the above may not represent the actual views of the writer, but may have been expressed sarcastically/ ironically with the sole intention of providing humour. That notwithstanding, the writer retains the right to be emotionally, psychologically or alcohol/substance impaired at the time of writing

(*member formerly known as 'guernseybass')

3 hours ago, MitchellNJ said:

I've upgraded when the 2yr contract was up and my old phone was worth as much or more than the replacement. Now that we're forced to pay monthly, probably not as often. Glad I switched to Samsung when I did.

This is what I'm thinking. My Note 5 seems to be holding up nicely for being almost 2 years old and the plan is to use it as long as I can. Damn wireless bill is ridiculous as it is.

And what the he'll is an activation fee, they charge you to turn on the phone they just charged the scrap out of you for...

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..