Had a good morning...

Rate this topic

jesgord

Went to an amazing yard sale today at the home of a dedicated fisherman.  Picked up a ton of gear- hooks, soft plastics, jig heads, bucktails, tying materials, braid, leader material, clips....too much to remember.

The highlight though is definitely the plugs.  Going to take me a bit to ID everything, but there is BM, Tattoo, Afterhours, Gibbs, SS, Yo-Zuri, Northbar, Rapala.  Particularly love the jointed eels. The big black jointed eel has a sticker on the lip that says "Lefty 1M".  Is this a Lefty Carr lure?  I've never owned one before. 

IMG_0813.jpg

Edited by jesgord

11 mins ago, chitala383 said:

Good stuff. What the orange and black on top middle? Bottle? The pencil 3 to the right of that looks cool too.

Orange/Black is a Northbar bottle darter.  Pencil is a mystery to me... unfished and a nicely made plug.

IMG_0815.jpeg

IMG_0816.jpeg

IMG_0817.jpeg

25 mins ago, jesgord said:

Went to an amazing yard sale today at the home of a dedicated fisherman.  Picked up a ton of gear- hooks, soft plastics, jig heads, bucktails, tying materials, braid, leader material, clips....too much to remember.

The highlight though is definitely the plugs.  Going to take me a bit to ID everything, but there is BM, Tattoo, Afterhours, Gibbs, SS, Yo-Zuri, Northbar, Rapala.  Particularly love the jointed eels. The big black jointed eel has a sticker on the lip that says "Lefty 1M".  Is this a Lefty Carr lure?  I've never owned one before. 

IMG_0813.jpg

I see a few I know of in that mix.

the top row mackerel pattern is a Montauk minnow99% sure.

looks to be 3 gibb's in the lower right corner[yellow\white].

next to those on their left looks to be a tsunami round nose[purple\black].

like the idea on that reversed krokodile,cool idea.

you made a good haul!

HH

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,

10 mins ago, Roddy said:

I see a few I know of in that mix.

the top row mackerel pattern is a Montauk minnow99% sure.

looks to be 3 gibb's in the lower right corner[yellow\white].

next to those on their left looks to be a tsunami round nose[purple\black].

like the idea on that reversed krokodile,cool idea.

you made a good haul!

HH

Thanks!

6 mins ago, Roddy said:

yw,,

the plastics look to be rapalas maybe,,oh yeah,they should have their names on them.

HH

Yes-the plastics that have names on them are easy to ID....Had not heard of the Motauk Minnow until today....at least now I know it can catch ;-)

2 mins ago, jesgord said:

Yes-the plastics that have names on them are easy to ID....Had not heard of the Motauk Minnow until today....at least now I know it can catch ;-)

walmart sold them a while back[a few years],thats where I bought mine,they work well and have a nice swim.

not sure if they sell\make them now but,from what I saw they made 3 sizes.

mine is the small 1 oz size.

they go up to 2-1\2 oz if I remember correctly.

HH

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,

It was more of a commando mission than a stop. Sale was advertised with pictures locally near my weekend house. So my father and I drove out East late Thursday night. Woke up at 6:30am and got to the sale an hour and a half early. The place was a mad house with nearly everyone there after the fishing gear. We went straight to the basement and grabbed as many plugs as we could. Then started grabbing the other gear we wanted. Lots of people left with lots of stuff...it was crazy. Then we got in the car and went back to the City. I was in the office by 12:30. 

Wow

Where was that?

Let us all pass by

Maybe there is some stuff left on the curb, if wife was doing sale.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-