albacized

RIP Barbara Bush

28 posts in this topic

A strong and loving mother and wife. Family First!  Rest in Peace, Amen

By all accounts she was a class act, a life of dignity and grace, with a passing to match.

Vale Barbara Bush, Requiescat In Pace

RIP Barbara Bush!

I believe that she was the steel in the spine of that family (along with her DIL) and was a great lady.  I had the occasion to meet her once and found her to be a down to earth and real person.

Jeff B.

I don't want to make it political, but I can't help but feel that in these challenging times, a little more "Grand" has just faded out of the GOP.  

RIP "Barb."

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 12.03.00 AM.png

God be with the family at this time of sorrow. May she rest in peace

She was a great woman and I always had respect for her. Now on her passing I realize the Republican party she and George represented are more in line with what I would like to see in todays party. She had some stones that's for sure.

9 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

She was a great woman and I always had respect for her. Now on her passing I realize the Republican party she and George represented are more in line with what I would like to see in todays party. She had some stones that's for sure.

Liberal globalists?

Actually, the two Bush presidencies were big disappointments to me. 

Bush 1 had a great opportunity to follow on the success of Ronaldus Magnus but wound up a one termer because of his establishment views. Basically a RINO. 

Bush 2 could have done more to rally the nation after 911 and I agreed with going into Iraq but felt he did not build up the military and did the job half-assed with predictable results.  Still, today, Iraq is a democracy and we can only hope it stays that way for the sake of the treasure and blood we spent there..  When it came to domestic policy, he was just another establishmentarian RINO. 

The Bushes believed in Big Government and Washington DC being the only instrument which can "solve" problems.  They were part of the problem, not part of the solution.

I am happy to see their backs, along with the Kennedys and the Clintons.  We don't need Royal Families.

Of course, some libs are loving on Ms. Bush because she was fairly liberal, socially, like most aristo's.  Still and all, she brought dignity and some humor to the WH.  Good woman by most measures.  RIP

25 mins ago, Knight771 said:

Actually, the two Bush presidencies were big disappointments to me. 

Bush 1 had a great opportunity to follow on the success of Ronaldus Magnus but wound up a one termer because of his establishment views. Basically a RINO. 

Bush 2 could have done more to rally the nation after 911 and I agreed with going into Iraq but felt he did not build up the military and did the job half-assed with predictable results.  Still, today, Iraq is a democracy and we can only hope it stays that way for the sake of the treasure and blood we spent there..  When it came to domestic policy, he was just another establishmentarian RINO. 

The Bushes believed in Big Government and Washington DC being the only instrument which can "solve" problems.  They were part of the problem, not part of the solution.

I am happy to see their backs, along with the Kennedys and the Clintons.  We don't need Royal Families.

Of course, some libs are loving on Ms. Bush because she was fairly liberal, socially, like most aristo's.  Still and all, she brought dignity and some humor to the WH.  Good woman by most measures.  RIP

:witty::howdy: