Another Yeti Thread...

Rate this topic

RiverRaider

My gator box makes an excellent step for the pontoon, other than that I seriously don't think it was worth the money, 

I can also get all the free ice I want :shrug:

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

23 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

why are we talking about performance in terms of one day? a Styrofoam cooler can keep something cold for a day.

I would say 99% of fishing trips are only of the 1 day variety, no?

Styrofoam coolers also have a tendency to be of the "1 use" variety, and they're just waiting to explode, at least on my boat.

32 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

yes but that isn't the discussion.

The guy who spends 4-5 days out in a canyon, sure, I can see it there if he feels it makes a difference, but aside from that scenario, what is the "need" (right word?) for such an expensive cooler?

For people who simply want the top of line, best of the best, and don't care about money, I get the "want," but what about "need," or "value?"

Igloo Marine///Not Igloo add the word Marine,in Boat keep up off deck and inch or two (Deck Gets Hot) keep wet white towel on Lid, ok that is a  Florida Poor man Yeti, Oh yes Ice from those road side 20# for 2.00 is not frozen solid and useless, get bag from Gas station from  Big Ice unit , it is frozen solid ,last much longer.

Put wet towel under neath cooler also keeps for sliding around

34 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

The guy who spends 4-5 days out in a canyon, sure, I can see it there if he feels it makes a difference, but aside from that scenario, what is the "need" (right word?) for such an expensive cooler?

For people who simply want the top of line, best of the best, and don't care about money, I get the "want," but what about "need," or "value?"

A  roughly comparably sized Coleman xtreme (28 Qt.) is roughly half the cost (say $40)  of the 26 Quart Ozark Trail (mine was $80) ... My thinking was that the Ozark would last longer (more durable)  and perform better (though I doubt any trip would ever be ruined because I had the wrong cooler) 

I'm always trying to buy the "last one"  I'll ever need if possible when it comes to stuff like coolers (lessons learned)

I had zero loose ice in the cooler all weekend (I pre-chilled it with a 5 Lb. bag of loose ice the night before, empted it all out and dried out the coiler before putting the frozen \ chilled items into it.. the only ice in the cooler was contained in 4 frozen water bottles and 2 32 oz. frozen Gatorades... not sure a more conventional cooler would let me get away with no loose ice  

Edited by RiverRaider

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

Gator box coolers are reasonable, and they're tough as hell,  lost mine out the back of my trk on the highway, didn't even loose the water out of it, the Coleman that went with it busted both the hinges and through my bud light all over the highway!

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..