Flatlander high low bag pictures?

Rate this topic

JMurphy

On 4/16/2018 at 6:52 PM, OnTheFish said:

His Instagram and Facebook have a lot of pics I picked one out at the show waiting in line now if you have any questions give him a ring very helpful and nice to talk to

I have seen pictures of the inside with the tubes but trying to get an idea of how many plugs will actully fit in it

2 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

i was torn in same way...HiLo or 3 tube with pouch.....i did 3 tube with pouch....   and then added separate blitz bag for the lighter days...either way  you wont regret it

Im torn between back bay bag and hi lo. From the pics it looks like back bay will hold more plugs but they are shorter tubes. Its hard to judge which one to buy from pictures. Do you have a pic of your 3 tubes loaded?

I ordered the HiLo bag and love it.  I asked Jamie to put the should strap loops on the small bag as well.  This way, If I want to go light, I just separate the bags, swap the strap from the main bag to the smaller bag and I'm set.  It's like getting 2 bags. 

So many fish in the ocean, but only one so dear to my heart. My wife ofcourse!

1 hour ago, JMurphy said:

Im torn between back bay bag and hi lo. From the pics it looks like back bay will hold more plugs but they are shorter tubes. Its hard to judge which one to buy from pictures. Do you have a pic of your 3 tubes loaded?

I am pretty sure that the back bay bag is smaller than the high low the high low was a pretty big bag I got the three tube I plan on putting some small tubes in the front pouch for smaller things

7 hours ago, JMurphy said:

I have seen pictures of the inside with the tubes but trying to get an idea of how many plugs will actully fit in it

This is a universal issue...3" tube in any manufacturer's bag is going yo be the same.  And the answer depends on size of plugs and how tolerant you are of the "barrel of monkeys" thing.  I find with mag darters, sp minnows, redfins....that four per tube is a good compromise.  They will get stuck on each other but i can deal with it.  When you try and jam one or two more in there, it just becomes too.much of a PITA. 

If you are staying nice and dry on a shore...its probably not that big a deal, right? But if its night and you are up to your waist and current or wind is pushing you around.and you have surf ...you will not enjoy the monkeying around.

One solution I have come upon is to get some smaller 1" tubes and stuff them in the triangular spaces between the tubes and the bag sides.  This works perfectly for canal-rigged SPs but not with all three hooks.  I also took out one 3 inch tube out of my 3 tuber and replaced it with four 1 1/2" PVC  sink drain pipes from home depot...thinner than schedule 40 PVC.  Works well...one plug per tube and zero tangling.  Obviously bigger metal lips, magic swimmers and stuff like that are going to take up more space in a tube than needlefish.

IMO, anything larger than a 3 tube is crazy... especially if you are really in the surf.  Hopefully you should be able to nail down the 6 best plugs given the specific conditions  any given night for any given spot.

The Great Big Jig in the Sky...Shine on you crazy diamond jig.

rsz_2aa17withhook.jpg

On 4/16/2018 at 6:13 PM, JMurphy said:

Im torn on which flatlander plug bag to order. Anyone have any pics they can share of their high low bags loaded with plugs? Trying to get a visual of the capacity.

thank you!

The high-low is like the normal 3 tube with a taller front pouch. 

A2E5896B-21F0-4153-8731-0AD3BFCAA5E2.jpeg

F325E7D8-116E-4172-801D-917CC6A0AA61.jpeg

8 hours ago, GreenMachine said:

i was torn in same way...HiLo or 3 tube with pouch.....i did 3 tube with pouch....   and then added separate blitz bag for the lighter days...either way  you wont regret it

I want to love the blitz bag, but can’t. I sent Jamie an email with some very specific opportunities to improve it. 

5 hours ago, JMurphy said:

The high-low is much bigger

3A4DD6BF-E542-4814-AAAB-5BF51AF8B800.jpeg

9E7264B3-086F-4658-8097-02F2674CD6DA.jpeg