albieonthefly

Spring Big Blues

8 posts in this topic

Still waiting for the fish to show, so went back to video from last season and put this little clip together. Hope it gets you going until the real deal.

Tight lines!

- Sergio

Nice, thanks for that. Notice that last one had quite a scar, could see it on the other side as well when it swam off, whaddya think did that? A net? 

I think that we may be setting up for a good spring bluefish run at the inlets.  Ocean is unusually cold this spring.  Once the sun starts warming the bays, the fish will move inside.  Inlets will warm up on the outgoing, when the bay water starts running out, triggering the fish.  Fast-falling tide right at sundown should be prime.

3 hours ago, Good2Go said:

Nice, thanks for that. Notice that last one had quite a scar, could see it on the other side as well when it swam off, whaddya think did that? A net? 

Yeah, I noticed that too when I was bringing him in, but still not sure what it could be from. Net or fishing line damage perhaps? It'd be cool if someone lands him again.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, albieonthefly said:

Yeah, I noticed that too when I was bringing him in, but still not sure what it could be from. Net or fishing line damage perhaps? It'd be cool if someone lands him again.

Thanks!

Lets hope someone catch him again

And again

And again

On 4/16/2018 at 11:38 AM, albieonthefly said:

Thanks!

maybe a bird tried to get him when he was young.