2018 Striper Run

Rate this topic

LazySun

First post, noob here on SO. Boats in the water and I'm monitoring the water temps. Heading out this sat to troll the 3 mile line and hunt the beaches for bunker. I know I'm early but I have to get out. Had enough dirt under my feet. Anybody in the Belmar area? In running a 26 foot Cobia light blue hull. 

Andy-

As soon as I get my captains license reinstated this fall, yes. I'm looking for guys who will be out and about looking to share tips for the upcoming striper hunt. Third season for me. Still learning the ropes and enjoying every minute of it. 

44 mins ago, LazySun said:

As soon as I get my captains license reinstated this fall, yes. 

Are you looking to charge the guys you take like a charter?

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Too far out to determine my plan. My brother inlaw used to do it. I know what's involved so it's a major decision for me. It wouldnt be full time. This year I've got plenty of friends in line to go out but if somebody will lot of knowledge and know how I would be willing for somebody to join. As if now I am researching Mako and Tile which I have never done before. All my shark experience is down in florida and bottom fishing in the bahamas. 

So you are looking for tips and help from people so you can then charge other people to fish with you even though you have no experience fishing for the critters you intend to charge them to fish for? Sort of a let them pay you while you learn how to catch the fish you are charging them to catch kinda thing? 

Normally people who charge other people to fish with them are experienced and knowledgeable and know how to catch the critters they are after - experts even. Hopefully you don’t start charging people to fish with you before you’ve mastered catching these things you’ve never fished for before ;)

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Tim, I think we are not on the same page. I've been a fisherman my whole life, I have salt in my blood. Do I think I wanna be a private charter captain? Prolly not. I'm just looking to network with good guys here. Share ideas and tips. If you got some sort of problem with me already maybe you should find a new hobby.