BrianBM

Manufacturer's reps on site

26 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

We have Kilsong, a furiously active fisherman who is the North American distributor for Black Hole.

We have a Penn Forum.  Occasionally one of the guys from Penn steps into Main, usually Tunanorth. He's been quiet of late. 

Ryan White is the distributor for Century, and he's a member. He's not too often here anymore, and when he is, it's most often in Distance Casting and Hatteras Forums. I think he's also involved in Siegler Reels.

We have had intermittent visits from IRT Reels and KastKing.  

Since the one gent left Lamiglas and moved to Mud Hole, Lami hasn't had a company voice here. (Very foolish of the new management.)  I can't remember his name.

Shipwreck has an in with daiwa.  I don't think we have any official representation from Shimano. 

Billy40 has his line of rods, and he's all over the place here.

CTS distribution has been a variable thing. I don't think we have anyone from CTS at the moment, and I have no clue who or where the distributor/distributors might be.

Who is ODM, if anyone, on SOL now? And FSC?

Fly fishing is a different universe, but outside of FF, have I missed anyone?

Edited by scoobydoo

I would ask Lou T about ODM rep here, he seems to chime in a lot on there products. 

1 hour ago, Master Debaiter said:

I am affiliated with ODM RODS and ODM is the company president Steve  Youn 

I want to be affiliated with ODM. I’ll be a fan boy l

Mike G., per the Synit rods thread, is getting Synit blanks from New Zealand. 

AFAIK only a couple of rod makers / blank makers are making rods and/or blanks in the USA.  high-end Lamiglas, St. Croix, United Composites blanks, yes.  Anyone else? 

On another tackle related forum that I frequent previously. They require affiliate to make their affiliation known in their signature so people don't have to second guess their secret intention.

17 mins ago, hobobob said:

On another tackle related forum that I frequent previously. They require affiliate to make their affiliation known in their signature so people don't have to second guess their secret intention.

Planning on doing this when I get to my pc

32 mins ago, hobobob said:

I think that's the best way to go.  Not to mention, quickly identifies someone as affiliated in case you're trying to track down a rep to ask a question.

Tommy Farmer for Carolina Cast Pro (sells Akios and Seigler product as well)

Isn't Rapidflow0 affiliated with Shimano?