Fishin Technician

Ultra light Spinning for Smallmouth and Trout

32 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Tailslap said:

I use the Gloomis SR781-1 IMX and SR782-1 IMX spinning rods for trout. They are both 6’ 6” rods but have the feel of the nice small 5’ trout rods. Problem with most 6’ 6” -7’ Rods out there is they go to a much larger cork handle especially the lower section. This doesn’t match well with the real untralight 1000-2000 size reels. The two Loomis rods I mention keep the handle on the smaller size to match up well with ultralight reels. The reason for the longer length is a lot more distance with very light lures. If you get a chance to check these two Loomis rods out do it. These two are different from the norm of what is available in ultralight rods. 

Pic of of one of my setups. Notice handle size for 6’ 6” rod. 

455A33A9-B4D6-490C-93B5-95C7055C0A1E.jpeg

I have the 5' version of that rod....stripping the guides and putting micros on it as soon as the shipment come!   That handle is comfy with the aldebaran...hell I ground off the triggger on my bfs rod.

15 hours ago, hobobob said:

Not quite, but try a 105H spool or the steez sv spool on your tdz.  BFS is a very thin edge, it's very easy to push it too far.  I am not going there again.  As long as you have decent spinner setup, you'll be better than 90% of the bfs gear for equal amount of money spent. 

And scoob, watch out for the expensive backcast. lol 

LOL...those little twigs or sprouts you don't see out of your peripheral are deadly....lmao