Sudsy

It's time to force NJ to stop stonewalling the peoples rights to beach access

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 4/12/2018 at 0:53 PM, Sudsy said:
ear Senator Sarlo:

I am writing to request that Senate Bill S.1074 be scheduled for a hearing. I live in New Jersey and enjoy our shared coast and tidelands. The protection of tidal waterways and their shores is important to me for a variety of reasons including tourism and recreation. It is the responsibility of the state, through the Public Trust Doctrine, to hold these lands and waters in trust for the public. Affording them special protection enables the state to provide adequate access to and use of them.

On Monday, Feb. 5, 2018, the New Jersey Senate Environment Committee unanimously approved and released S.1074, a bill proposed by Sen. Bob Smith and Senator Kip Bateman, which is intended to protect public access to tidal waterfronts for bathing, swimming, fishing, and other shore-related activities. The bill reaffirms that the NJ Department of Environmental Protection is responsible for ensuring that all state communities provide beach access to the public.

The Legislature’s action to codify the state’s obligations and duties under the Public Trust Doctrine will strengthen efforts to ensure that the public has full access to, and use of, the shoreline, tidal waters and other areas subject to the Public Trust. The pending bill will also provide authority to address chronic problems limiting public access to tidal waters throughout New Jersey, such as the provision of support facilities necessary to make access meaningful, including parking, restroom facilities, walkover structures and handicapped access. Without clarification and direction to the NJDEP, municipalities and private landowners have, and will continue, their attempts to limit parking, close off access points and restrict the public from enjoying beaches and waterfronts which case law dictates they have a right to access.

I am hoping that you will help to ensure that the bill moves through the Senate Budget and Appropriations Committee.

Sincerely,
tor Paul A. Sarlo

Budget and Appropriations, Chair

496 Columbia Blvd. – 1st Floor

Wood-Ridge, NJ 07075

Dear Senator Sarlo:

I am writing to request that Senate Bill S.1074 be scheduled for a hearing. I live in New Jersey and enjoy our shared coast and tidelands. The protection of tidal waterways and their shores is important to me for a variety of reasons including tourism and recreation. It is the responsibility of the state, through the Public Trust Doctrine, to hold these lands and waters in trust for the public. Affording them special protection enables the state to provide adequate access to and use of them.

On Monday, Feb. 5, 2018, the New Jersey Senate Environment Committee unanimously approved and released S.1074, a bill proposed by Sen. Bob Smith and Senator Kip Bateman, which is intended to protect public access to tidal waterfronts for bathing, swimming, fishing, and other shore-related activities. The bill reaffirms that the NJ Department of Environmental Protection is responsible for ensuring that all state communities provide beach access to the public.

The Legislature’s action to codify the state’s obligations and duties under the Public Trust Doctrine will strengthen efforts to ensure that the public has full access to, and use of, the shoreline, tidal waters and other areas subject to the Public Trust. The pending bill will also provide authority to address chronic problems limiting public access to tidal waters throughout New Jersey, such as the provision of support facilities necessary to make access meaningful, including parking, restroom facilities, walkover structures and handicapped access. Without clarification and direction to the NJDEP, municipalities and private landowners have, and will continue, their attempts to limit parking, close off access points and restrict the public from enjoying beaches and waterfronts which case law dictates they have a right to access.

I am hoping that you will help to ensure that the bill moves through the Senate Budget and Appropriations Committee.

Sincerely,
  •  
Edited by grumpy247
tried to copy and paste this

Posted (edited)

More and more I'm of the mind Clivan Bundy had the right idea.  Oh, and sent along to authorities. For what it's worth.

Edited by Dogfishnj

What's the good senators preferred method of payment?

Paypal, M/C, Visa, personal check or transfer?