Tbta02

how does every thread turn into a blackhole rod thread?

185 posts in this topic

Seems like no matter what the topic is, it ends with " you should try the Blackhole susuki rod". Are these things like the best thing that happened to fishing ever? If you mention a reel its try the blackhole. Mention boat fishing its try a blackhole. The best is the word Tuna and every other comment will be Blackhole. Do they sell these rods anywhere besides SOL? 

1 min ago, Tbta02 said:

Seems like no matter what the topic is, it ends with " you should try the Blackhole susuki rod". Are these things like the best thing that happened to fishing ever? If you mention a reel its try the blackhole. Mention boat fishing its try a blackhole. The best is the word Tuna and every other comment will be Blackhole. Do they sell these rods anywhere besides SOL? 

We wouldn’t be having this conversation if you tried a Black Hole already.  LOL.  I couldn’t help it sorry.

I feel like I'm being assimilated by the blackhole rod BORG. Is the point to say the name and read it 145,000 times until I just buy one ?

7 mins ago, Tbta02 said:

I feel like I'm being assimilated by the blackhole rod BORG. Is the point to say the name and read it 145,000 times until I just buy one ?

LoL I don’t know.  Everything that I have heard and I don’t mean from Ksong is that they really are good and a nice upcoming newer brand.  

I fish with Century rods.  Fantastic rods...

I am on a plane to NJ for Auckland, NZ after fishing 5 days on a boat.

While I was in NZ, funny things happened. One claims Black Hole USA rods is out of business on facebook and there are some threads about Black Hole rods on stripersonline. 

I got to know Black Hole rods after I guided Korean TV fishing crew for Bluefin popping in Cape Cod about 8 years ago.

They brought light inshore popping rods to catch 200 lb tuna and I said no way they could land 200 lb tuna with such light rod.  But we landed 180 lb bleufin with the light rod.  

It was the starting point I became associated with Black Hole rods.  

I have tested various Black Hole rods for inshore and offshore and I am still amazed.

I could fish to the limit of the rods. No one caught 600 - 900 lb tuna with such light rod like we caught using 11 oz - 12 oz Black Hole Cape Cod 450g jigging rod using 50 plus lb drag. 

No one caught 50 - 60 lb tuna or 150 lb halibut as we did with Black Hole Tai Special rod. The blank weighs only 1.4 oz.

We are exploring new territory where no other rods venture out. 

I tested 6 oz Black Hole Cape Cod Slow Pitch rod on the recent NZ trip and I landed many kingfish 9 yellowtail0 unto 60 lb successfully.  I don't think anybody ever tried for big kingfish with such light rods on the Three Kings Island, NZ.

I want to prove the rods with pictures and videos, not talking as I am a firm believer of the Black Hole USA rods.

Some say it is advertisement. I don't care what it is called.  I am just happy to be in a position to test the rods to the limit where nobody has reached. 

Maybe some day, some anglers appreciate the rods as I do now. 

I picked up a bh Suzuki 10' over the winter. I haven't had a chance to get it wet yet, hopefully this weekend I will, but just holding it in my hand it feels impressive.

11 hours ago, Birdsnester said:

LoL I don’t know.  Everything that I have heard and I don’t mean from Ksong is that they really are good and a nice upcoming newer brand.  

I fish with Century rods.  Fantastic rods...

Sometimes threads can go from a discussion to a commercial sales pitch-this is one of them.

2 mins ago, Larrybudwiser said:

Sometimes threads can go from a discussion to a commercial sales pitch-this is one of them.

That’s for sure.  I thought that was against the SOL rules

6 mins ago, Larrybudwiser said:

4 mins ago, Birdsnester said:

That’s for sure.  I thought that was against the SOL rules

I'm not so sure about that because if that's the case I can guarantee you that the moderators and our humble tyrant would've been on top of this :beatin: and every Black Hole thread already.

12 hours ago, Tbta02 said:

I thought it was just me?  I've  noticed the same pattern. LOL 

I too have been railing against off topic commercial pitches from shills. Even if its a brand I like, I don't appreciate a disguised commercial dressed as genuine advice from fellow anglers. I have been pushing for some time now that pro staffers be required to identify themselves as such on SOL. This way we can take advice with the properly gauged grain of salt.

Sponsors on SOL likely get a little more leeway, but I feel that the validity of advice on SOL has eroded over the years. If the same guys keeps interjecting a particular brand when its not part of the topic be discussed, you should assume it's 'fake news'.

snake-oil-salesman.jpg?1512145290