flyfishvt

Cape Cod parking

34 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, RJ said:

On the Jersey Shore Michael You would be called a FOOTER betweem Memorial Day and Labor DAy.

Pleasant Bay has one Town Landing that allows you to launch you boat and motor out into the Bays.  And that gives access to Little Pleasant Bay.  I'm leaving my dory ta Home this June and renting, or borrowing a small sit on top Kayak with a anchor.   Chatham has basically cut off the tourist anglers with boats.  The single free tiny ramp is in the Town of Orleans.  Yarmouth and Dennis are fairly relaxed.You can kayaks into several spots to access Barnstable Harbor for free.  But it is a $10.00 Launch fee per day for the non residents.  Barnstable is one of the spots that has a daily launch attendant.  Many of the other towns on CC

required you to get apermit at the Town clarks office for a lot more than $10 per day.

RJ, it really sucks in Chatham now re ramps. To use them, you've gotta buy a Chat waterways permit, I think it's about $125. Which would be fine, except there's really no capacity at the town launches. To use Ryder's, it's an additional day permit. It gets more complicated because of the breaches and readjustments. A friend told me (a commercial skiff fisherman who lives in Harwich) that it might not currently be passable for a boat between Stage and The Bathtub. I'm not buying a Chatham pass unless I can get from Oyster River to the east side. It might be hard trying to get from here to there after last winter.

So true. To the point of being very profound.

So many gave their lives that we can be free today.

God bless them all.

mike

17 hours ago, patchyfog said:

RJ, it really sucks in Chatham now re ramps. To use them, you've gotta buy a Chat waterways permit, I think it's about $125. Which would be fine, except there's really no capacity at thoe town launches. To use Ryder's, it's an additional day permit. It gets more complicated because of the breaches and readjustments. A friend told me (a commercial skiff fisherman who lives in Harwich) that it might not currently be passable for a boat between Stage and The Bathtub. I'm not buying a Chatham pass unless I can get from Oyster River to the east side. It might be hard trying to get from here to there after last winter.

That's why I am leaving my dory on the NJ Shore.  The Oyster launch at BHR and Ryders were my spots with boats for 20 years. 

Any pictures of the sand shift between Chatham Harbor and Morris Island?

18 hours ago, patchyfog said:

RJ, it really sucks in Chatham now re ramps. To use them, you've gotta buy a Chat waterways permit, I think it's about $125. Which would be fine, except there's really no capacity at the town launches. To use Ryder's, it's an additional day permit. It gets more complicated because of the breaches and readjustments. A friend told me (a commercial skiff fisherman who lives in Harwich) that it might not currently be passable for a boat between Stage and The Bathtub. I'm not buying a Chatham pass unless I can get from Oyster River to the east side. It might be hard trying to get from here to there after last winter.

You can launch at Ryder's and park out on 28 or up Old Queen Anne's Lane.

42 mins ago, titleguy said:

You can launch at Ryder's and park out on 28 or up Old Queen Anne's Lane.

Yeah, I know, with a day pass. On commercial bass days trailers go half a mile or more up along the side of Old Comers Road.

47 mins ago, RJ said:

That's why I am leaving my dory on the NJ Shore.  The Oyster launch at BHR and Ryders were my spots with boats for 20 years. 

Any pictures of the sand shift between Chatham Harbor and Morris Island?

No, I haven't walked around Morris Island yet. The first overlook near the HQ is closed off because the bank got eroded. I actually don't know what the stairs look like now. I'll let you know. When you arriving?

18 hours ago, patchyfog said:

Getting out to the east is a real problem from either Ryders or Outermost right now just because of shoaling and sand bars etc. And getting from Oyster River —the Barn Hill Rd ramp—and Stage Harbor to the east is very much in doubt also because of shoaling around the south side of Morris Is. I figure on using Saquatucket and having to go around Monomoy to get east this season.

As an aside—I thought the Chatham waterways permit did away with the daily permit for Ryders? But, of course, you still have to park on the road... Screw Chatham. The town’s attitude really puts me off. I live on Cape and love it, but I go out of my way to not spend money in Chatham. If I go fishing there, I buy coffee & lunch etc. in Harwich or someplace else.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:27 AM, patchyfog said:

No, I haven't walked around Morris Island yet. The first overlook near the HQ is closed off because the bank got eroded. I actually don't know what the stairs look like now. I'll let you know. When you arriving?

The area is open.Took a walk just at the stairs to see things at low tide this past Monday afternoon.People were walking back from Morris along the sand below the seawall.The area with the undermined bank at the top by the radar dome was being re-established with rail fencing being installed while I was there.Tomorrow[Sunday] is open house at the Refuge Center.Good time to see and speak to folks about what's upcoming this year.New director of the Refuge is in place.Good time to speak with him about everything coming.Bundle up because the weather is going to be ugly there tomorrow.