EricJ

April Fishing Report

62 posts in this topic

All I have to report is a horrible skunking on April 1st. I hope to turn my luck around this weekend. What do you have to show us guys?

A lot of stocked rainbows on salmon eggs, occasional brown... made a little effort on sticking a Largemouth but they have been stingy. They will be on the feed soon.

Did some fishing after work caught a trio of white perch all of them were decent size. Soaked up the peaceful & quiet area since i had it all to myself :) Next trip for me is tomorrow on opening day trout :drool:

Posted (edited)

Got 3 today Dewayne 5 then this little man told me he hasn't got a fish all day long :( so reel this one In and he told me the pole is alot of fun to catch fish on,,,,,ya it is ain't it,,,,and Dewayne laughed :) black hole

20180406_112307.jpg

20180406_202916.jpg

Edited by bennie

Nice catches guys! I was out last weekend and caught one little striper which I hooked in the arse and that has been the extent of my spring fishing so far. Not to mention I've got some boat motor issues I need to iron out before I get going again :(

Had a great opening day of trout in NJ me & my cousin went together and we both limited out and got 6 each! The place wasn't even packed the whole time we were there. Both of us are gonna go back out for more bows tomorrow. 

In search of whatever wanted to hit my Storm  today . Couple small bank runners and one meaty paper mouth  ! :)

IMAG4816_2-20180407-190419581-20180407-190419625.jpg.1559f0aba69dd7ea7ab8aced299459d7.jpg

Got6,,,Dewayne 6,,,,boozer 4,,,it was cold and raining but the fish was biting 

20180407_190825.jpg

20180407_191029.jpg

20180407_190951.jpg

20180407_191054.jpg

Just got back from trout fishing caught two bows and now it's time to place them onto my smoker!!!! :drool: Let the games begin!!!!! 

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:25 PM, Jigmonster said:

In search of whatever wanted to hit my Storm  today . Couple small bank runners and one meaty paper mouth  ! :)

IMAG4816_2-20180407-190419581-20180407-190419625.jpg.1559f0aba69dd7ea7ab8aced299459d7.jpg

Dinner!

Business travel preceded by very bad weather has kept me off the water for an amazing 17 days!   Longest dry spell in over three years.   Friday battled serious wind and found a skunk avoider at sunset (2 lb 11 bass).   Saturday tried for salt water types fighting wind, rain and cold: skunked!

Wind was over 20 this morning, but died down and I launched at 5 pm.   6 dinks (11 - 14 inch), crappie, lil chain pick and a fatty bass but my scale was broken.  Guesstimate; 4 lbs???

4 lb maybe.jpg

12 in crap.jpg

1 hour ago, KnewBee said:

Business travel preceded by very bad weather has kept me off the water for an amazing 17 days!   Longest dry spell in over three years.   Friday battled serious wind and found a skunk avoider at sunset (2 lb 11 bass).   Saturday tried for salt water types fighting wind, rain and cold: skunked!

Wind was over 20 this morning, but died down and I launched at 5 pm.   6 dinks (11 - 14 inch), crappie, lil chain pick and a fatty bass but my scale was broken.  Guesstimate; 4 lbs???

4 lb maybe.jpg

12 in crap.jpg

4lbs is a safe bet on that length :) nice catch!

Did a little bit of after work fishing leaving now with two rainbows for the smoker, it's almost roasting time!! :drool::)