Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bonefishdick

Sanibel Report 04-03-18 Redemtion

31 posts in this topic

Great catch  With fishing so great for the big girls wonder what it will be like in July

Sure beats not being able to fish ponds on the cape  If not wind high water

15 hours ago, z-man said:

That's a great snook!  How is the water quality doing? Has the algae and red tide cleared up?

The water quality is good as far as no Red Tide. The water was extremely clear but but the SW winds have churned it up a bit with the waves coming across the sandbars. We need a couple days of no wind or NE winds to settle things back down.

15 hours ago, thaistick said:

Solid fish man nice....did you see the take? 

I did not get to see the take, this was just a slam hit and like a typical big Snook she was off to the races. With a hit from a fish like her I'm okay without the visual.

The fish I lost the day before however I did get to see the take. I have done that before on big fish and it is awesome, I think each time it happens, I a shocked and I always say out loud to myself ,  "she ate it " like am really surprised that she did.

That's one hell of a fish Dick ! I must say that I'm in the " jealous of you camp " though . I was also out fishing on Monday but instead of short sleeves and shorts I was bundled up and wearing neoprem waders dodging snow flakes . 

P4022560.JPG

P4022553.JPG

Bucko,

Go over there . I will be there on the 14th. I'll

call you. 

Dick,

I called you this afternoon about 5:00. No answer. Figured you were fishing. 

Bucko,

Go over there . I will be there on the 14th. I'll

call you. 

Dick,

I called you this afternoon about 5:00. No answer. Figured you were fishing. 

Great fish there Dick. Beautiful job! Your posts, pictures, and stories are second to none on this site.

Please, just keep posting as much as possible......i’m addicted...lol......Thank you

3 mins ago, Spigola said:

Great fish BFD.  Can you post a picture of the chernobyl schminnow please?

as requested, this picture shows it with bead chain eyes but the one I have using had lead eyes for deeper water.

5ac570728be2f_1P1070072bffrs.JPG.3bdd9eed61995871283654ddcaae5dcc.JPG

5 hours ago, Fishpool said:

Congrats on two nice looking fish!  Curious what you used to take the pictures, they look so clear. 

Thanks,  

The camera is on it's 3rd season now, it is a Panasonic Lumix model DMC-TS4. It is a great little P&S and a bit hard to find but some are still around if you don't mind paying over $400 for one. I know I see cameras by Panasonic in stores that are also in the DMC model family that are under $200 that I would look at using if I had to replace this. One point of disclosure is all my picture are edited to a degree but the picture straight out of the camera are good in there own right which makes editing easier.