Shake-n-Bake

Free Lead

15 posts in this topic

I'm offering free lead again, up to 10 pounds per person, to anyone who makes their own lures and weights.  It's all old chimney flashing melted down into 1/2 and 1 pound ingots so its pretty clean.

Again, this is for folks who are making stuff for personal use only.

Larger quantities are available for those who are interested in bartering.

You can pick it up at my shop in Peabody, just off Rt.114.

If you're down the cape, I'm at the canal fairly often so we can set up a meet.  Send a pm if interested.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The BuzzardsBayBruin said:

Pm sent!

I hope you're not planning on melting that stuff in Bourne.  :wag:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's great stuff.  :th:

 

I'm probably all set until next year, but if you're going to be around the second week of June maybe I'll grab some and melt it in Angler's neighborhood.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eagles Dare said:

It's great stuff.  :th:

 

I'm probably all set until next year, but if you're going to be around the second week of June maybe I'll grab some and melt it in Angler's neighborhood.  

Hey Matt,  I'll be in Sandwich from June 5th til the13th....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Eagles Dare said:

It's great stuff.  :th:

 

I'm probably all set until next year, but if you're going to be around the second week of June maybe I'll grab some and melt it in Angler's neighborhood.  

My pot holds 50 pounds or better, has not be melted . Your welcome to use it . I use a burner with a propane tank. The tank and tubing for the propane would most likely need replacement  It does not have any venting hooked up as the pot is outside, behind a metal barrier to stop any explosions from any moisture left over some where. . I have basically stopped all melting over the past 10 years or so. Still have all the personal safety gear, even espestos long gloves, different ladles, pots, molds.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shake-n-Bake said:

Hey Matt,  I'll be in Sandwich from June 5th til the13th....

 

Sounds good Jack. Maybe I'll grab some then. Will let you know some time in May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

My pot holds 50 pounds or better, has not be melted . Your welcome to use it . I use a burner with a propane tank. The tank and tubing for the propane would most likely need replacement  It does not have any venting hooked up as the pot is outside, behind a metal barrier to stop any explosions from any moisture left over some where. . I have basically stopped all melting over the past 10 years or so. Still have all the personal safety gear, even espestos long gloves, different ladles, pots, molds.  

 

Thanks for the offer. I was mainly just kidding with your obsession of bernie's pouring operation. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

:howdy: We were hoping to see what a professional set up looked like, given the nature of the business.

Edited by Angler #1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I'd love some lead but for some reason can't PM you (low post count maybe?)  Let me know if there's another way to get in contact w/ you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 2, 2018 at 1:36 PM, Shake-n-Bake said:

I'm offering free lead again, up to 10 pounds per person, to anyone who makes their own lures and weights.  It's all old chimney flashing melted down into 1/2 and 1 pound ingots so its pretty clean.

Again, this is for folks who are making stuff for personal use only.

Larger quantities are available for those who are interested in bartering.

You can pick it up at my shop in Peabody, just off Rt.114.

If you're down the cape, I'm at the canal fairly often so we can set up a meet.  Send a pm if interested.

 

 

 

would love some...Im just around the corner..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Rev said:

would love some...Im just around the corner..

Hey Rev, early am or late afternoons.  Send a pm and we’ll set something up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.