Shake-n-Bake

Free Lead

15 posts in this topic

I'm offering free lead again, up to 10 pounds per person, to anyone who makes their own lures and weights.  It's all old chimney flashing melted down into 1/2 and 1 pound ingots so its pretty clean.

Again, this is for folks who are making stuff for personal use only.

Larger quantities are available for those who are interested in bartering.

You can pick it up at my shop in Peabody, just off Rt.114.

If you're down the cape, I'm at the canal fairly often so we can set up a meet.  Send a pm if interested.

1 hour ago, The BuzzardsBayBruin said:

Pm sent!

I hope you're not planning on melting that stuff in Bourne.  :wag:

It's great stuff.  :th:

I'm probably all set until next year, but if you're going to be around the second week of June maybe I'll grab some and melt it in Angler's neighborhood.  

2 hours ago, Eagles Dare said:

I'm probably all set until next year, but if you're going to be around the second week of June maybe I'll grab some and melt it in Angler's neighborhood.  

Hey Matt,  I'll be in Sandwich from June 5th til the13th....

12 hours ago, Eagles Dare said:

My pot holds 50 pounds or better, has not be melted . Your welcome to use it . I use a burner with a propane tank. The tank and tubing for the propane would most likely need replacement  It does not have any venting hooked up as the pot is outside, behind a metal barrier to stop any explosions from any moisture left over some where. . I have basically stopped all melting over the past 10 years or so. Still have all the personal safety gear, even espestos long gloves, different ladles, pots, molds.  

9 hours ago, Shake-n-Bake said:

Hey Matt,  I'll be in Sandwich from June 5th til the13th....

Sounds good Jack. Maybe I'll grab some then. Will let you know some time in May.

2 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

My pot holds 50 pounds or better, has not be melted . Your welcome to use it . I use a burner with a propane tank. The tank and tubing for the propane would most likely need replacement  It does not have any venting hooked up as the pot is outside, behind a metal barrier to stop any explosions from any moisture left over some where. . I have basically stopped all melting over the past 10 years or so. Still have all the personal safety gear, even espestos long gloves, different ladles, pots, molds.  

Thanks for the offer. I was mainly just kidding with your obsession of bernie's pouring operation. ;) 

Posted (edited)

:howdy: We were hoping to see what a professional set up looked like, given the nature of the business.

Edited by Angler #1

Hey I'd love some lead but for some reason can't PM you (low post count maybe?)  Let me know if there's another way to get in contact w/ you

On April 2, 2018 at 1:36 PM, Shake-n-Bake said:

I'm offering free lead again, up to 10 pounds per person, to anyone who makes their own lures and weights.  It's all old chimney flashing melted down into 1/2 and 1 pound ingots so its pretty clean.

Again, this is for folks who are making stuff for personal use only.

Larger quantities are available for those who are interested in bartering.

You can pick it up at my shop in Peabody, just off Rt.114.

If you're down the cape, I'm at the canal fairly often so we can set up a meet.  Send a pm if interested.

would love some...Im just around the corner..

9 hours ago, The Rev said:

would love some...Im just around the corner..

Hey Rev, early am or late afternoons.  Send a pm and we’ll set something up