FunkyBunker

April 2018 Fishing Reports

1,036 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Rkfool said:

Did find a nice looking pencil popper amidst a tangled mess though 

thats what i love about walking the beach. 

Been getting spoiled being able to sleep in until 630 for the past few months before the regular work schedule kicks back in. Set the alarm for 530 instead and went to a spot out front CMC from 6-7am. Little colder than i thought it was going to be. Moved around but didn't get anything. Signs of life though. Birds diving on bait 300yds out and dolphins in the mix. 2 other guys out there, saw one of them throw one back in looked about 20"-24" from where i was standing. My only issue was that he was in the first place i started and i was now 100yds away from there. Let the next few days play out and thinking about Wednesday as go time. 

What do you guys think the gannets are diving on out there? Could it possibly be blues, that are staging, on bunker before entering the bay? or while the racers enter the bay....

25 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

What do you guys think the gannets are diving on out there? Could it possibly be blues, that are staging, on bunker before entering the bay? or while the racers enter the bay....

I don't think so. 

fair enough. I know they tend to dive like that on herring in late december. Wasnt sure about the timing of it now. Just another bait shop stirring the pot then

Posted (edited)

Certain bait shop in south jersey posted a video allegedly from CMC area of bird diving in the wash on what were apparently herring and bunker 

Edited by 555jkeegs

On 4/4/2018 at 1:50 PM, MC55 said:

Headed out this morning after letting the tide come in a bit, so was on the sand out front around 8am.  Second trip of the season and found some success.  Great looking clean white water with a nice warm SW wind.  Was able to christen the VR50 and the newly designed eels I was making over the winter by pulling out 7 and missing another 3 or 4.  All fish were 20 to 22 inches and covered with sea lice, so these are fish on the move.  The colors they hit were white, chartreuse, or bone.  Time to kick it in gear.  If this cold front move through quick enough, may give it another look this afternoon.

April 4, 2018  20 inches.JPG

April 4, 2018.JPG

eel 2018.JPG

Love the new design and your work payed off .

what is the size of the bait ?  Inches

What weight did you insert with hook ? Looks like they are spaced differently apart . 

Thanks for sharing 

Stopped down the beach, MoCo. SE wind is hawking! Whitecaps and surfs tore up. Total opposite from yesterday. See what happens tomorrow with this ever changing weather. Was going to give it a shot today, but that cold SE wind dampened my enthusiasm.

3 hours ago, Hook I said:

Love the new design and your work payed off .

what is the size of the bait ?  Inches

What weight did you insert with hook ? Looks like they are spaced differently apart . 

Thanks for sharing 

6 inches.  I'm casting my own weighted hooks now.  It's a 5/0, 60 degree bend.  All together it weighs about an ounce.

9 mins ago, MC55 said:

6 inches.  I'm casting my own weighted hooks now.  It's a 5/0, 60 degree bend.  All together it weighs about an ounce.

Very nice thanks always enjoy your posts Chuck 

55 mins ago, Hook I said:

Very nice thanks always enjoy your posts Chuck 

i thought his name was Mike, not Chuck! :confused:

1 hour ago, nam1969 said:

i thought his name was Mike, not Chuck! :confused:

I think chucks name is chuck:cool:

15 mins ago, Master Debaiter said:

Fished a creek up north for the outgoing...water was stained. Nobody home. 

236E38B0-571B-412F-A18C-2F7ADD190E2F.jpeg

Que mierda es eso?