FunkyBunker

April 2018 Fishing Reports

1,036 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don't know what everyone is bitching about. This weather is perfect conditions for a few spots I know. High tide at 8:17 P.M. tonight, [ Just after sunset ]. Honking East winds, and the big girls have been around for a few days. These are the conditions that bring them in real close. I re-trashed my shoulder fishing Thurs. and Fri. night or I would be out there right now. I don't know how often my Doc will keep shooting my shoulder with cortisone just to keep me fishing. Last shot was last Tue. and I felt great, but pushed it to hard Fri. night.  For what it's worth, my biggest bass caught inside have all been caught on nights exactly like tonight. Neoprene waders and stormer jacket and your good to go. My wife is threatening me now because she knows I am itching to go. She keeps reminding me I need two working arms to make a living.

Jim

Edited by JBreese1
ADDED THOUGHTS

52 mins ago, Mack26 said:

Nice fish Rip, great way to kick off the season! Still waiting up here... :waiting:

Thanks man.. Yea it has been a good season so far.  Cant wait to see if it gets any better

Like Sudsy was saying it will be great fishing. I love it when the washer machine is on out front. I always seem to find the fish in it. They love what gets washed out of the sand. Usually a few tides after a storm it's pretty good. Just remember the "MOON". I plan on Wednesday I'll be on the water. Good luck guys and have some fun.

5 hours ago, JBreese1 said:

I don't know what everyone is bitching about. This weather is perfect conditions for a few spots I know. High tide at 8:17 P.M. tonight, [ Just after sunset ]. Honking East winds, and the big girls have been around for a few days. These are the conditions that bring them in real close. I re-trashed my shoulder fishing Thurs. and Fri. night or I would be out there right now. I don't know how often my Doc will keep shooting my shoulder with cortisone just to keep me fishing. Last shot was last Tue. and I felt great, but pushed it to hard Fri. night.  For what it's worth, my biggest bass caught inside have all been caught on nights exactly like tonight. Neoprene waders and stormer jacket and your good to go. My wife is threatening me now because she knows I am itching to go. She keeps reminding me I need two working arms to make a living.

Jim

Don't feel too bad, I was out there at multiple spots that should have been good in this wind tonight, no dice. Rest that shoulder, they will be back

10 hours ago, JBreese1 said:

Jim

Smart woman. But i understand the itch to get back out thr. Battling tennis elbow myself. And its from fishing, not tennis !

I’m starting a new job on Wed morning and I purposefully took two days off to go fishing...  woke up to it dumping rain outside.  Assuming that out back will be muddied up and probably close to unfishable and out front will be rough as well.  Not ideal.... but still headed out in a few.  

35 mins ago, Borderline11 said:

I’m starting a new job on Wed morning and I purposefully took two days off to go fishing...  woke up to it dumping rain outside.  Assuming that out back will be muddied up and probably close to unfishable and out front will be rough as well.  Not ideal.... but still headed out in a few.  

I’m heading down also. Doing 35mph on the parkway I’ll prob regret this but just to eager to get out. 

6 mins ago, MikedNJ said:

I’m heading down also. Doing 35mph on the parkway I’ll prob regret this but just to eager to get out. 

Will be doing the same after work 

Posted (edited)

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 0:10 AM, IsmailG said:

Nice bro. Hoping the snotty weather keeps the clowns indoors tomorrow

it didnt. "my spot" got blown the **** up by the cell phone crew. We had 15 fish between 4 of us on saturday nothing under 30#. Buddy pulled a 50# and I dropped a fish that was a hell of a lot bigger than his. Took 200 yards on as full of a drag as Id ever fish.

*edit: 15 fish over 30

Edited by DragonsLax48

Anyone north of exit 129 on parkway don’t even waste your time today. Left my house 8am I’m still not over the bridges yet. Parkway is a war zone of accidents and flooding 

Was out last night with a fellow SOLer in MoCo. Mother Nature didn’t want us there. Walked back to the trucks to find a foot and a half of water in the street. Missed one good hit and that was it, I’ll be back tonight. Typically crowded spot was empty by 8pm. 

CE9E297F-359D-4B41-909F-F895FA1F151A.gif

22 mins ago, MikedNJ said:

Anyone north of exit 129 on parkway don’t even waste your time today. Left my house 8am I’m still not over the bridges yet. Parkway is a war zone of accidents and flooding 

Based on that... I might just mail it in for the day.  I’m well behind ya and going no where.  Try again tonight.