luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - April 2018

183 posts in this topic

Stop messing with us Allen! Is that from the archives or was that yesterday???

Hope it was from yesterday. I'm getting one day out on the beach tomorrow, got into the drum same time last year on the VA side hoping for a repeat, wanted to fish the VA side this weekend but  bringing the pup so AI it is!

5 hours ago, Catskill John said:

Stop messing with us Allen! Is that from the archives or was that yesterday???

You know fishing reports are not really allowed here right.....  Maybe we should rename this thread to "Fishing Reports April 2017 and earlier"  :)

:rav::howdy:

I thought I'd seen it all, but this one's new to me. The chum rig. Not a bad idea unless the crabs are bad. :shrug:

1 hour ago, Wheeler said:

I thought I'd seen it all, but this one's new to me. The chum rig. Not a bad idea unless the crabs are bad. :shrug:

hmmmmmmmmm if I try it my luck would be the fish swallows the whole pill bottle 

Just found this on Sebastian inlet fishing report from 2 days ago. 90 year old man reeled this one in. Happy person.  

FrankAlfonoRedHuge.jpg

Posted (edited)

Short bass and bunker galore yesterday in DE.  Out front, out back, in the middle, daytime, nighttime it didn't matter.  I kept leaving schools of short bass only to find other schools of short bass.  Bunker we so thick in some places you couldn't get a single cast in without snagging one.  Unfortunately didn't find any bass larger than 24" give or take and no signs of any blues.

On another note I watched a guy enthusiastically keep a short bass off the north IRI jetty in broad daylight.  I would have told him to throw it back but I was too far away and it was dead either way.  I called it in & DNREC showed up within a half hour.  At the very least they gave him a warning.  Not sure about a ticket as I did see him continue to fish after their extended talk was over.

Edited by sbcbmx112

Posted (edited)

25 mins ago, sbcbmx112 said:

Short bass and bunker galore yesterday in DE.  Out front, out back, in the middle, daytime, nighttime it didn't matter.  I kept leaving schools of short bass only to find other schools of short bass.  Bunker we so thick in some places you couldn't get a single cast in without snagging one.  Unfortunately didn't find any bass larger than 24" give or take and no signs of any blues.

On another note I watched a guy enthusiastically keep a short bass off the north IRI jetty in broad daylight.  I would have told him to throw it back but I was too far away and it was dead either way.  I called it in & DNREC showed up within a half hour.  At the very least they gave him a warning although, not sure about a ticket as I did see him continue to fish after their extended talk was over.

Thank you for doing the right thing. 

Too many would have complained and not have actually done anything about it. 

Edited by Titanty

forecast for today was supposed to be SSE'ish.... its been blowing NE since 730am... :shrug:

Posted (edited)

I went to the DE shore to fish yesterday, I didn't go to the inlet to fish, wanted to work out of the Jeep. When I stopped at Old Inlet for fresh bunker , one of the guys told me they were catching shorts and some small blues in the North pocket. I went to 3 R's and fished for 3.5 hrs. Only saw 2 Skates beached. I got skunked. Wind was bad , some of the gust were so bad you felt like you were in a desert storm. Drove the Jeep off the beach and headed into town for the night. Still I rather have done this than anything else. It was great to get rid of the cabin fever surf fishing. It's happening now.:rav:

Edited by hunter123

5 hours ago, luckyOC said:

forecast for today was supposed to be SSE'ish.... its been blowing NE since 730am... :shrug:

Does that surprise you?

NWS employees know they will never get fired for wrong forecasts so they just phone it in.

I rely more on observations and forecasts from non-government forecasters.

I don't post often but am a longtime Assateague Island fishing fan.  Granddaughter and I went out on Saturday and caught a few small Stripers.

20180414_145440.jpg

imagejpeg_0.jpg