Local high school athletes that made it big

Rate this topic

Ed J

Only ones I know about at are small HS (55 average people per graduating class) are one kid (pitcher) who got drafted by the Red Sox and made it to AAA. And a basketball player who played for NC State and Auburn, and was on the Mavericks for part of a season. 

I'll have mine on the rocks.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:53 AM, Ed J said:

What do you have? 

We had a few. 

Football 

Glenn Carson played a few years for the Cards now for the ants. SRHS class of 09

Clark Harris currently playing and was in this past years pro bowl. SRHS class of 02

Mike Gesicki Penn State SRHS class of 14, will he or won't he go in the first round? I got to watch him through his high school career looking like a man among boys. 

We also have soon a new inductie to the schools hall of fame, Martin Truex Jr. SRHS class of 98 of NASCAR fame. 

My kid was a freshman when Gesicki was a senior. 

IMG_1610.JPG

And no Frank The Tank, shame on you.

What do you have? 

We had a few. 

Football 

Glenn Carson played a few years for the Cards now for the ants. SRHS class of 09

Clark Harris currently playing and was in this past years pro bowl. SRHS class of 02

Mike Gesicki Penn State SRHS class of 14, will he or won't he go in the first round? I got to watch him through his high school career looking like a man among boys. 

We also have soon a new inductie to the schools hall of fame, Martin Truex Jr. SRHS class of 98 of NASCAR fame. 

IMG_1610.JPG

And no mention of Frank The Tank Molinaro, shame on you. 

What do you have? 

We had a few. 

Football 

IMG_1610.JPG

And no mention of Frank The Tank Molinaro, shame on you. 

We're so proud........

In 2010, Manalapan student Lawrence Maceren set a new sport stacking world record in the 3-3-3 stack with 1.80 seconds.

Edited by Sudsy

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

Paulsboro High School in NJ. Tiny school that graduates about 75-100 kids a year.  We’ve had an insane amount  of talent that grew up in town.  These families were long time and still are a part of the community.

These Guys all made the NFL and played.

Gerald Hodges

Isaac Redman

Alex Silvestro

Flipper Anderson

Kevin Ross

Theres about 10 more that had more talent but turned to a Life of crime instead.

Bob Moose who pitched for the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 1960's and 1970's went to my high school. 

It was also made famous by the kid who stabbed 21 students there in 2014.  :dismay:

"A successful man is one who can lay a strong foundation with the bricks thrown at him."- David Brinkley