8' Black Hole one-piece light rods

Rate this topic

ksong

14 hours ago, reelfire said:

I think challenger blank extended. This rod should throw 3/4 bucktail to 1 1/2 oz bucktails, sp minnows, epoxy jigs and small rubbers. This is the size rod that's most popular on the beach where John Skinner films all his false albacore videos.

I plan on fishing the Suzuki when Im not shoulder to shoulder with others. This rod should have more stopping power than the Suzuki but not be as heavy as the 9 ft 2 striper series.

8 ft rod is also useful in creeks were not a lot of casting room is available to swing a large rod.

What he said. Sold !!!! 

Aloha,

I live in Hawaii & using a "whipping" rod with those stats would be popular for Papi'o (Trevally) during the day & Akule (Scad) at night. 1 rod & 1 reel. Most spinning rods don't match-up, either it's to stiff or wimpy. The closest i found are the Okuma T40X Salmon-Steelheads, i like the 7'9" & 10'9". I'd recommend a hook holder. Right now i use a plastic detachable bell holder size sm for a hook holder. Also i know cork makes it lighter but mice tend to chew it when stored outside at night, like in a garage. It's happen here to my friend's G.Loomis from fish scent on his wet hand being absorbed into the cork. I love the lightness & thin diameter of the T40X, i can fish all day & night with no arm fatigue.

Yes, i know you can't beat a 1 piecer. Consider the 2-piece. If it's a 30/70 split or a better off-set ferrule system. Keep in mind those that don't have trucks or SUV's. I have a 11' Daiwa Coastal with the 30/70 split & i can't put it in my F-150 cab. These are some issues that limit sales. Also it's hard to post 1 piece rods, guess if that happens sales to Alaska & Hawaii will be bad. When i bought my first T40X i loved it so much for day & night reef whipping that i bought 4 in different sizes. I do a lot of business with most of the local tackle shops & got them to carry that line. Turned into a popular rod here before Okuma discontinued that line. 

I would love to see a 50/50 split with interchangeable top halfs. Each half with varying ratings. And maybe 2 nocturnal luminescent tips (say the top 6in) for night spinning? Like 1/4-1-3/4oz & a 3/4-3oz ratings. I have a collection of bottom halfs that i throw away. Top halfs break. And imagine how popular that rod would be with interchangeable top halfs. Would love to see a customized surf casting rod for GT "Ulua" for Hawaii. The most popular size 13'3" including a SS butt, a metal tube for hooks, a possible luminescent tip (can see the nibbles at night), and 2 styles. One for sliding with large diameter guides for heavy mono to a bait caster with smaller diameter braid eye guide. A heavy spinner & a conventional line would be nice.

Just some suggestions. Most wrappers here are aware of these needs. As for me i'm forced to buy factory models & add butt caps & hook holders to wrapping luminescent tape. The company that can make these type of rods will be very popular because i'm sure it'll be popular for the Easterners Strippers to Pompanos & Cod anglers as well.                                                                                                                                                        Mahalo!  Christopher Takahashi 

1 hour ago, WarrenL said:

i saw john paduano at the freeport show.very interesting presentation ,i picked up his jigs .my search for a snap jigging combo ended up with daiwa fuegofg681mfs 6'8"rod and fuegolt 3000d-c reel .very lite combo

Thanks for sharing Warren. I was looking for something similar for the same use, going to grab one and give it a shot.

The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

1 hour ago, The Fishing Nerd said:

Thanks for sharing Warren. I was looking for something similar for the same use, going to grab one and give it a shot.

Take a look at the Suzuki from Blackhole first. They just got three 30 lb drums on it down south off a pier,

If you aren't fishing on the edge, you are probably blocking the channel.

On 3/20/2018 at 2:42 PM, ksong said:

All shows are over.  I plan to visit Korea to discuss new rod development in a few days.

One of the discussion will be 8' one-piece light rods to cast 1/4 oz - 3 oz as  many ask us to introduce the light 8' one-piece rod.

We have 7' Black Hole Challenger Bank 701L (light) rod and we plan to extend the 7' rod to 8' rod with the same action.

The other option is to make economic version of 8' Black Hole rods similar to 10' Black Hole Suzuki rods in action. 

One angler in California cast 60 yards with the 10' Suzuki rod using 1/4 oz spinner for trout.

Let me hear your opinion before developing those rods.

Sounds like the rod I’m looking for only don’t need to cover up to 3 ozs

48 mins ago, reelfire said:

Take a look at the Suzuki from Blackhole first. They just got three 30 lb drums on it down south off a pier,

I did, but the lack of anything shorter than 10' killed it.  I've got a glut of 10-12' rods, many of which don't do me a whole lot of good fishing the North Fork.

The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

3 hours ago, The Fishing Nerd said:

I did, but the lack of anything shorter than 10' killed it.  I've got a glut of 10-12' rods, many of which don't do me a whole lot of good fishing the North Fork.

I live on the north fork.

If you aren't fishing on the edge, you are probably blocking the channel.

12 mins ago, ChrisO said:

I'm looking for a blank like this right now. Ideally 8-9' but as mentioned already, a lower top end weight rating. 2oz max would be perfect.

There are not a lot of rods like that. Sure Lami has the L 108? It’s a good all around rod.  A rod in 8 ft 1/2 to 1 1/4 oz. only rod I know is G loomis in one piece. There are guys  that say, I pulled in a 80 lb tuna with my L rod.  Let me say, that’s not the rod I want to fish small fish like weaks.