8' Black Hole one-piece light rods

Rate this topic

ksong

All shows are over.  I plan to visit Korea to discuss new rod development in a few days.

One of the discussion will be 8' one-piece light rods to cast 1/4 oz - 3 oz as  many ask us to introduce the light 8' one-piece rod.

We have 7' Black Hole Challenger Bank 701L (light) rod and we plan to extend the 7' rod to 8' rod with the same action.

The other option is to make economic version of 8' Black Hole rods similar to 10' Black Hole Suzuki rods in action. 

One angler in California cast 60 yards with the 10' Suzuki rod using 1/4 oz spinner for trout.

Let me hear your opinion before developing those rods.

I think challenger blank extended. This rod should throw 3/4 bucktail to 1 1/2 oz bucktails, sp minnows, epoxy jigs and small rubbers. This is the size rod that's most popular on the beach where John Skinner films all his false albacore videos.

I plan on fishing the Suzuki when Im not shoulder to shoulder with others. This rod should have more stopping power than the Suzuki but not be as heavy as the 9 ft 2 striper series.

8 ft rod is also useful in creeks were not a lot of casting room is available to swing a large rod.

If you aren't fishing on the edge, you are probably blocking the channel.

54 mins ago, reelfire said:

I think challenger blank extended. This rod should throw 3/4 bucktail to 1 1/2 oz bucktails, sp minnows, epoxy jigs and small rubbers. This is the size rod that's most popular on the beach where John Skinner films all his false albacore videos.

I plan on fishing the Suzuki when Im not shoulder to shoulder with others. This rod should have more stopping power than the Suzuki but not be as heavy as the 9 ft 2 striper series.

8 ft rod is also useful in creeks were not a lot of casting room is available to swing a large rod.

What he said

You’re not some crazy uncle you know!

I'm so glad I don't live in the fact-less bizarro world you live in...just sayin'.

Been really happy w/both the Suzuki blanks, casting really well, tho it's too cold & windy out here on the East End of LI, to put them thru their paces & obviously no fish !!!

I'd be interested in 6' spinner like John Paduano uses for snap jigging, not sure what rod he prefers, but he pairs his stick w/a Daiwa BG 2500, loaded w/10# braid.

Thanks ksong & SOL ...

Morone Saxatilis... God put them in the Surf to take them, not in the freaking boat!

Looking forward to seeing developments on a one piece 8’. I’ve been looking for an 8’ Rod for backbays here in South Jersey. 

“I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.”

1 hour ago, frazerp said:

Been really happy w/both the Suzuki blanks, casting really well, tho it's too cold & windy out here on the East End of LI, to put them thru their paces & obviously no fish !!!

I'd be interested in 6' spinner like John Paduano uses for snap jigging, not sure what rod he prefers, but he pairs his stick w/a Daiwa BG 2500, loaded w/10# braid.

Thanks ksong & SOL ...

Id love to see you come to demo day. i respect your expertise and would love to hear your feedback on all rhe surf rods.

4 hours ago, reelfire said:

I fish said beach (assuming you're referring to the one named after a WW-II era president).  I stopped by the Black Hole booth at the Edison show and passed because I was looking for exactly that, a lighter 8-9' rod to throw small tins and plugs for North Fork fishing.  Ended up with a Tica Dolphin, couldn't justify another 10' rod.

The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

Definitely a welcome development.

However, I feel like the range 1/4 to 3 oz is a bit wide. Makes me wonder about that rating considering that the Suzuki 10' rated is at 1/2 to 2.  . . . but admittedly, what do I know . . . I'll leave it to the experts . . .

1 hour ago, MikedNJ said:

Very nice. Been wondering about something like this recently. Kil, do you know of anyone cutting down a 9ft Suzuki to 8’6 ? An 8’6 Suzuki would fit my needs beautifully. 

Someone bought their custom to the booth on sunday. i believe it was 10 ft cut to 9 ft 6. Looked good.

2 hours ago, JoelJ said:

Definitely a welcome development.

However, I feel like the range 1/4 to 3 oz is a bit wide. Makes me wonder about that rating considering that the Suzuki 10' rated is at 1/2 to 2.  . . . but admittedly, what do I know . . . I'll leave it to the experts . . .

I think the 10ft has the lighter rating than the 9 because it’s a little more “noodley” of that makes any sense. The shorter rod is same blank but a little more stout