Quick Van staal question VSX 150 Or VS 150 gold?

Rate this topic

Mikeinri

VS current state of the art: VSX.  Expect all VS models to be phased out eventually but the gold color was the first to go a few years back.  So the gold is rare within the VS line but if they discontinue that entire line, no color is more desirable than any other.  In other words: VSX  but you can't get one in gold.  Your choice - discontinued color or latest technology.  The fish don't care

"Endeavor to persevere" Lone Watie

1 min ago, dannpakk said:

Just to provide some personal perspective, I have a VS100 on a 9' D-Blue in which the reel feels slightly small and a VS250 on a 11' St. Croix Legend surf which fits perfectly. 

Does your DBlue have big foam grips and large/heavy guides, Legend does not.  Not knocking DBlue, I had every size in the Rival line over time but it's an old school build IMO.

"Endeavor to persevere" Lone Watie

1 hour ago, Darth Baiter said:

Does your DBlue have big foam grips and large/heavy guides, Legend does not.  Not knocking DBlue, I had every size in the Rival line over time but it's an old school build IMO.

Yes, my DBlue does have a big foam grip and larger guides. I would not recommend a DBlue overall and especially not with a VS/VSX. I have noted more windknots and have lost 2 lures over couple months due to the line spooling out at a larger radius (catches on to the bail).