Jig Man

Jigman plugs, requests, whats next

122 posts in this topic

6 mins ago, Bfishes333 said:

Something with a green or a blue back would be cool for us down south. Maybe a copper color 

Herring should be good then. Blue back, pearl belly, silver on the sides.

Ever since I saw your pearl Pikie, I fell in love with your pearl color.  

Although I've fished a lot of solid yelow and solid white plugs in the past, I seem to have better results with various degrees of contrast, such as yellow over white, chartreuse/white, black/white and black/yellow, parrot, etc.

i love the idea of having a silver stripe, even though I do not have many plugs with silver stripes.  (Yet?!)

My votes are:

X color over silver side stipes and pearl belly, where X = medium yellow, charcoal or black, chartreuse, olive green

X color over gold side stripes and pearl belly, where X = olive, medium- or dark-brown (maybe copper?), olive green

Assuming that my laptop returns from the shop tomorrow, I'll get some pics up of these colors.

Thanks for asking, Andrew!!

3 mins ago, Marc H said:

Any chance you may be planning a run of either of these? :D

20180318_103322.jpg

Top plug has nice profile........ 

3 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Top plug has nice profile........ 

Peanut Walker I think Andrew calls it.

13 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

:heart:

Very fishy........ 

Wish I bought more when he sold them last time he was at Berkeley.  

Some good suggestions, much appreciated! Will definitely keep them in mind as I start painting. Sealed the pencils and walkers this morning. Hopefully painting next weekend. 

Marc, I believe you got the last one I had at Berkeley ;) peanut walker is correct. Off center turned, topwater plug. Walk real nice. Think Berkeley was the last time I turned them, might be time to do another run. 

Don't think I've put any of that swimmer out before. I have done the jig eel. You prefer that blue white version? Was thinking on the eel one yesterday when I came across a couple in a box.

4 hours ago, Jig Man said:

Some good suggestions, much appreciated! Will definitely keep them in mind as I start painting. Sealed the pencils and walkers this morning. Hopefully painting next weekend. 

Marc, I believe you got the last one I had at Berkeley ;) peanut walker is correct. Off center turned, topwater plug. Walk real nice. Think Berkeley was the last time I turned them, might be time to do another run. 

Don't think I've put any of that swimmer out before. I have done the jig eel. You prefer that blue white version? Was thinking on the eel one yesterday when I came across a couple in a box.

I have a couple of the jointeds in the blue/white and a white/redhead for sure.  White, bone, black, yellow.......usual fishy colors.  And a run of the peanut walkers would be awesome! :drool:  With or without floor embellishment.

14 hours ago, Marc H said:

I have a couple of the jointeds in the blue/white and a white/redhead for sure.  White, bone, black, yellow.......usual fishy colors.  And a run of the peanut walkers would be awesome! :drool:  With or without floor embellishment.

You like the style you posted better, or this version:

jm-eel.jpg

Posted (edited)

Another shot of that peanut walker showing the profile a little better. Peanut walker is 4 3/4 inch and 1 1/4 oz. The jointed eel is 6 1/2 inch, just under 1 1/2 oz. 

jm-b2013peanut.jpg

Edited by Jig Man

5 mins ago, Jig Man said:

You like the style you posted better, or this version:

jm-eel.jpg

This version!