BrianBM

Who gets fired next?

70 posts in this topic

12 mins ago, Slacker said:

Liz just missed the memo that came out around 2007 that told everyone to flip on their lifelong position regarding gay marriage.  Could have happened to anybody.

9 mins ago, PlumFishing said:

Hmmm. Good point. 

There is an old novel called "I Am Legend".  Will Smith did a movie from it... which turned out nothing like the book. 

Anyway, in the book, most of the world population gets some disease and become daylight sleeping zombie-ish critters (but have conscious thought process) except for the lead character.  He spends his time scrounging for canned soup, killing zombies in their sleep and working on a cure.  

Towards the end, he has some communication with the zombies who now are the "society"... a society that he has spent his days trying to wipe out... and he comes to the realization that his behavior is now viewed as monstrous.  He didn't change... society changed around him practically overnight.  It is a study in how majority opinions determine acceptable behavior.  

In other words, he didn't get the memo.

8 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Will Perry take VA? Report this morning suggested he’s happy at Energy and has no desire to run the shatshow at Veterans. 

Don’t get me started on Perry. I think he wears his nerd glasses in the shower because he thinks it makes him look smarter. But he was a governor, presidential candidate, and head of Energy, so who am I to judge. 

I think Shulkin stays.

2 mins ago, Slacker said:

There is an old novel called "I Am Legend".  Will Smith did a movie from it... which turned out nothing like the book. 

Anyway, in the book, most of the world population gets some disease and become daylight sleeping zombie-ish critters (but have conscious thought process) except for the lead character.  He spends his time scrounging for canned soup, killing zombies in their sleep and working on a cure.  

Towards the end, he has some communication with the zombies who now are the "society"... a society that he has spent his days trying to wipe out... and he comes to the realization that his behavior is now viewed as monstrous.  He didn't change... society changed around him practically overnight.  It is a study in how majority opinions determine acceptable behavior.  

That’s interesting.

I’ve seen the movie and it was “ok”. Book sounds better. 

I also see how what you said ties into the gay marriage situation. 

Thanks for the post  

Posted (edited)

9 mins ago, Slacker said:

Charleton Heston never questioned his behavior. Neither did Vincent Price if memory serves me. 

The Will Smith version, a movie I enjoyed, was a modern interpretation with a different moral overlay. And Smith finally developed a vaccine so he had found the power to change society back, except the zombie leader would have none of that. 

And in the end of that, normal humans survived up in the mountains. By extrapolation, that majority opinion was potentially temporary. 

We are both torturing this analogy. 

Edited by tomkaz

26 mins ago, fjr419 said:

Sanders tweet from 47 minutes ago:

Just spoke to @POTUS and Gen. H.R. McMaster - contrary to reports they have a good working relationship and there are no changes at the NSC.

Guess we'll see. 

Yep.  Because she's always been the most reliable of sources. :rolleyes:

17 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Charleton Heston never questioned his behavior. Neither did Vincent Price if memory serves me. 

The Will Smith version, a movie I enjoyed, was a modern interpretation with a different moral overlay. And Smith finally developed a vaccine so he had found the power to change society back, except the zombie leader would have none of that. 

And in the end of that, normal humans survived up in the mountains. By extrapolation, that majority opinion was potentially temporary. 

We are both torturing this analogy. 

I have read the book, and seen the Charles Heston movie, the Vincent Price movie, and the Will Smith movie, so I have to say, this made me laugh.  

1 hour ago, BrianBM said:

..........Bolton ... hmmm.  Cheerleader for the Iraq War.  Hates the world and the UN, so a good fit for Trump.  I don't recall him being fond of the Soviet Union, so there might be some room for disagreement with POTUS there.

Bolton - Excellent choice!

9 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Knight771, a question.  What's your take on the indictment of a squadron of Russians for meddling?

My take is that Russia has been involved in trying to destabilize our institutions and those of other western nations, for quite some time.  They were doing it under Obama and probably under Bush.  This is Putin's payback for losing the Cold War, (thank you Ronaldus Magnus).  That unsubstantiated dossier came from the Russians, did it not?  Putin is having a good time and the Dems are doing his dirty work for him.

We've been accused and rightly so, of interfering in other nation's elections, to whit, Israel when Obama sent a team over to help Bibi's opponent.  I think a lot of money also went with this team.  That the Russians interfered I have little doubt but there is no evidence of Trump "colluding" with them.  Oh, and what does it matter whether any Russians were indicted if we can't do anything about it?  And Trump has been much tougher on the Russians from his first days (remember the Syrian Tomahawk strike)  than Obama in his entire eight years.

Liberalism is Leprosy

Posted (edited)

The unsubstantiated parts of the dossier pertain to President Trump's carousing with prostitutes.  Steele himself treated that material with caution.  The bulk of the dossier has been verified, insofar as it can be, by subsequent events. There was indeed a running operation to affect American elections, and I note that even Trey Gowdy concedes that Putin wanted Trump in office, rather then Hillary. The sum of the evidence, to date, goes far beyond the Steele dossier.  

There is no comparison whatsoever between sending an American politician to Israel, to state a substantive case for a two state solution, and a covert operation against American politics using cutouts like Wikileaks. (I know of nothing that supports "a lot of money" having gone into this.) Israel's policies can easily lead to war in which we would inevitably a party. We have every reason and every right to make an argument for policies that are in our interest. Israel certainly isn't shy about meddling here, either.    

We will agree to disagree that President Trump has been "much tougher" on Russia. As of two days ago, Sarah Sanders was asked whether the White House considers Russia an ally or an enemy. She replied that it's up to Russia to decide that, which is an appalling refusal to react to Russian assaults on the electoral system.  The President still wheezes when asked if he thinks Russia intervene, and has done everything from inventing 400-lb. fat men to speculating that maybe it's "other nations" [then Russia] who were behind it. 

From Russia's point of view, the election of Donald Trump is a gift that keeps on giving in endless and wonderful ways.  

Edited by BrianBM

LOL

The gloating.

Wont you guys ever learn?  The hubris always gets you.  Its all here.  Bad polling, fake news, sanctimonious pronouncements, the condescending tone and love for their precious MSM.

And then the sun comes up and oops.

****ing Russia

lol

Thats an awesome chart.  I love that career politicians and appointees are crapping their pants.  "This dude will absolutely fire me".  This is new math.  The business people that get let go understand.

Funny how it all started with Flynn.  Bet the left wishes they never picked that scab huh?

lol

Russia