Who gets fired next?

Rate this topic

BrianBM

The President was pooh-poohing the idea of a White House in chaos, and of major staff changes in the offing. He said he likes disagreements among staff.  Translation: I'm going to fire a lot of people soon, and I'm tired of people cautioning me against following my first impulse. I want some people who will tell me that announcing policy by 2:00 a.m. tweet is great, and stop telling me to think again.

Who first?  Should we have a pool?  Dr. Shulkin is not in favoring of privatizing the VA, a goal held by some appointees. Shulkin is supported by the major veterans' organizations. Get rid of him, you may vex some vets, but the commission that wants to privatize is dominated by hospital and health care chains that would make a lot of money if the VA were out of business. The healthcare industry, like defense, is a big contributor. 

Dr. Carson?  Embarrassing furniture stories, no clear base of support, and no discernible administrative skills. He was appointed to reassure the Evangelicals, as much as anything else, and they're now firmly behind the President.  He is no longer needed. 

Gen. Kelly?  The military likes clear chains of command. The President chafes at that. Impossible to know, from the outside, if they have a good personal relationship. 

NSA McMaster?  Another name and reputation that reassured a lot of people, including me. He may have said No, Don't Do That too often.

Gen. Mattis? Same As Above.  

AG Sessions?  Might have to go, ESPECIALLY if he fails to fire McCabe and deprive him of a pension.  If the confirmation hearing of a successor didn't promise to be such a gawdawful mess, he'd already be gone, but that hearing would be beyond horrible.  Not firing McCabe would be a further insult. Somebody has to be responsible for not prosecuting Clinton, Comey's gone, so ...  

One thing that might play on Sessions' mind is that if the Democrats take the House in November, a possibility that seemed unlikely but is now plausible, is the speed with which Speaker Pelosi or a successor would schedule hearings into McCabe's firing. That would be damaging to the GOP. Sessions is far more a GOP loyalist and party man then is President Trump. The President wouldn't care, but Sessions might care a lot.  

Kudlow's selection suggests that the President has some taste for other television personalities. A celebrity physician for Shulkin? 

CNN panel right now debating McMaster getting an operational command and former UN ambassador John Bolton becoming the new NSA. The former seems more speculation than the latter however. I would be all-in on Bolton. 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

Hannity reporting NoWay according to his sources. KAC on right now saying similar, as far as she knows. Slamming Media for reporting rumors, not fact. Innuendo, not policy. 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

McMaster has had operational commands.  He might retire, rather then accept this kind of peculiar demotion. If so, I'll look forward to the next book he writes. 

Sonuvabeetch, has it happened?  MSN News is screeching for me to set it up so it can tell me about it (no, I won't.)   

Bolton ... hmmm.  Cheerleader for the Iraq War.  Hates the world and the UN, so a good fit for Trump.  I don't recall him being fond of the Soviet Union, so there might be some room for disagreement with POTUS there.

Edited by BrianBM

6 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Hannity reporting NoWay according to his sources. KAC on right now saying similar, as far as she knows. Slamming Media for reporting rumors, not fact. Innuendo, not policy. 

KAC regularly denounces the media for announcing firings that happen a couple of days later.  We'll see soon enough.

NSA is a post that needs Senate confirmation. That could be lively. 

7 mins ago, BrianBM said:

McMaster has had operational commands.  He might retire, rather then accept this kind of peculiar demotion. If so, I'll look forward to the next book he writes. 

Sonuvabeetch, has it happened?  MSN News is screeching for me to set it up so it can tell me about it (no, I won't.)   

Bolton ... hmmm.  Cheerleader for the Iraq War.  Hates the world and the UN, so a good fit for Trump.  I don't recall him being fond of the Soviet Union, so there might be some room for disagreement with POTUS there.

On CNN, No less than Paul Begalla said Trump deserves to employ whomever he wants. Also said Bolton would be an excellent choice. That left Anderson Cooper without words and I thought Dana Bash (sp?) was going to pop a vein. 

- Victor Davis Hanson 

6 mins ago, BrianBM said:

NSA is a post that needs Senate confirmation. That could be lively. 

Uh, that is NOT correct. It is not a cabinet post. There is no agency to run. It is an appointment and purely a counselor post. No confirmation needed. 

- Victor Davis Hanson 

I think the one who gets fired next is McCabe prior to his going on trial for high crimes and misdemeanors.  Hope the puke spends the rest of his miserable life behind bars.  Then get the rest of the disease ridden liberals in high government positions who colluded with Hillary and the Russians and tried to destroy a duly elected POTUS.

Liberalism is Leprosy

Edited by Knight771