Lamb Hearts

Rate this topic

5 mins ago, MickAff said:

Tasty

..????

VERY tasty. The best I had was at a Brazilian steakhouse. Marinated on a skewer. I will be making my own version on the grill soon! One of the markets by me always has big packages of them.

Edited by Joe

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd

Offally good I hear

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

A heart is a muscle. If you like the meat you will like the heart.

My grandmother would flour chicken hearts and sautee in a skillet with I'm sure butter but it turned into a gravy thing when it was done. Serve over butter noodles.  It was one of my favorite things as a little kid. She didn't tell us it was hearts until years later.

It was just really cheap back then. 

8 hours ago, iceberg57 said:

A friend of mine does venison hearts in a crockpot with onions carrots peppers etc. uses beer or ale for the liquid. Comes out pretty decent the times I've had it.

How many hearts does he use??

I'm thinking of buying 6 for the crock pot, low and slow for 4 - 8 hours

14 hours ago, The BuzzardsBayBruin said:

I eat venison heart

its great!!! I usually slice it up and pan fry like tips.

id be game to try lamb heart

Is the heart similar to the rest of the meat? Or totally different? Can you tell its deer meat?